I could do an all Boss pedalboard

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Funny that this thread came up as I just bought a newer SD-1 and with the more vintage Boss pedals that I still own from my youth my all Boss board would go SD-1 > HM-2 > CE-2 > DD-3(MIJ). I replaced the HM-2 with a Little Big Muff and the DD-3 is on my main board so I have an Echohead on this one (that will be replaced with a Memory Toy in the New Year!).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Bumping this thread again.

I've gone full circle. I've had racks, I've had boutique pedals, I've had vintage pedals. You guys have KISSed many of them over the years.

And now my rig consists of a white Gibson SG standard into my Vox AC15tbx amp and right now I have two pedals in between them:

- Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive MIJ

- Boss CS-2 Compressor

I'm planning to get some more Boss pedals but so far I have been loving it.

• Members

Bumping this thread again.

I've gone full circle. I've had racks, I've had boutique pedals, I've had vintage pedals. You guys have KISSed many of them over the years.

And now my rig consists of a white Gibson SG standard into my Vox AC15tbx amp and right now I have two pedals in between them:

- Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive MIJ

- Boss CS-2 Compressor

I'm planning to get some more Boss pedals but so far I have been loving it.

I have a CS-2 also and combined with an OD-1 (level maxed, gain about 1/3 up) its pure win.

• Members

The Boss CS-2 has been amazing, I had a vintage script logo Dyna Comp for the longest time and loved it, but having the Attack knob is a godsend.

At some point if I come across a vintage first edition silver screw OD-1, I'll take the chance and buy it and get it a shot. I remember 20 years ago before I even played guitar, the best guitar tone I ever heard at the time was at a bar, this guy was playing a Strat into a vintage silver screw Boss OD-1 into a silverface Fender Twin Reverb.

• Members

The Boss CS-2 has been amazing, I had a vintage script logo Dyna Comp for the longest time and loved it, but having the Attack knob is a godsend.

At some point if I come across a vintage first edition silver screw OD-1, I'll take the chance and buy it and get it a shot. I remember 20 years ago before I even played guitar, the best guitar tone I ever heard at the time was at a bar, this guy was playing a Strat into a vintage silver screw Boss OD-1 into a silverface Fender Twin Reverb.

what difference is cs-2 from cs-3. i just bought a cs-3 not to long ago and curious to hear what makes it so good.

Archived