Worst guitarist in rock? heheheh

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

That's the world my friend.

except that you just appealed to an objective standard yourself.

• Members

Originally posted by silvrcrank

except that you just appealed to an objective standard yourself.

No I don't believe I did ... there is both subjectivity and objectivity available to those who have evolved enough to use them both .... mostly people are entirely subjective though.

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

No I don't believe I did ... there is both subjectivity and objectivity available to those who have evolved enough to use them both .... mostly people are entirely subjective though.

i see.

im touchy on this subject lately.

• Members

Originally posted by martindcx1e

it always boggles my mind when people put mark tremonti on these lists. i'll go with chad kroeger or durst

Why does it boggle your mind? I've never heard anything from the guy but the most trite, hand-me-down Dropped D riffs... am I missing something?

Originally posted by endo23

Why does it boggle your mind? I've never heard anything from the guy but the most trite, hand-me-down Dropped D riffs... am I missing something?

yes, you're missing that he actually knows how to play.

• Members

yes you are missing something. how much of creed/alter bridge have you listened to? it's hard to believe somebody could listen to all tremonti's stuff and come to the conclusion that he isn't creative. he doesn't just play drop-d power chords like almost every new rock song on the radio stations today. he plays in drop-d, open tunings, standard, knows a lot of theory, and creates riffs and can shred.

• Members

Originally posted by martindcx1e

yes you are missing something. how much of creed/alter bridge have you listened to? it's hard to believe somebody could listen to all tremonti's stuff and come to the conclusion that he isn't creative. he doesn't just play drop-d power chords like almost every new rock song on the radio stations today. he plays in drop-d, open tunings, standard, knows a lot of theory, and creates riffs and can shred.

dude, stop typing. your making an ass of youself.

• Members

i really think frusciante had some {censored}ing {censored}ty solos in californication and others. they sounded like {censored} some 10 year old know nothing would play when you listened to him in Guitar Center.

• Members

Originally posted by booher

i really think frusciante had some {censored}ing {censored}ty solos in californication and others. they sounded like {censored} some 10 year old know nothing would play when you listened to him in Guitar Center.

I've said it before but heroin completely decimated that guy. Listen to Bloodsugar, his playing is unbelievable. Passionate, original, funky as {censored}. On EVERY track.

When I heard he re-joined the band, I was ecstatic... bought Californication, was like

WHUT.

THE.

{censored}?!

Sounds like a different guy. (A terrible guy.) Sad.

• Members

i guess there are gonna be people that hate everybody. i don't mind if people disagree with me, but i don't like when people dismiss bands/guitarists after hearing like 2 songs and say, "omg they suck so bad, they have no creativity!" i would like to know who you people like as guitar players since every good guitar player is being bashed here.

• Members

I've said it before but heroin completely decimated that guy. Listen to Bloodsugar, his playing is unbelievable. Passionate, original, funky as {censored}. On EVERY track.

When I heard he re-joined the band, I was ecstatic... bought Californication, was like

WHUT.

THE.

{censored}?!

Sounds like a different guy. (A terrible guy.) Sad.

I didn't expect the guitar playing on Californication. I thought it was going to be Blood Sugar 2.

Your right, he was decimated by heroin. He quit guitar for 4-5 years and said wasn't still back at full strength playing wise when that record was made.

Look at the music that he made under those conditions.

As far as the funk goes, I don't know how much more funky you can get than the opening lick of Purple Stain.

Archived