watched the Matrix trilogy today...

wacopacco

• Members

The sequels are my guilty pleasure. The effects and action are really well done...I can live with the cornball people. It's like they replaced all the cool people from the first movie with dork dopplegangers.

I still watch them whenever I see them on the tube.

Originally posted by wacopacco

well, the last 2 anyways since i've seen the 1st a thousand times. Good story, great special effects, but also a greta job at taking what could have been the biggest trilogy of our time, and turning it into a scfi channel afternoon special...

imo

+1

If they had held to the standard of the first movie, in terms of plot and story line, and went someplace interesting with it for the next two movies, it very well could have wound up as my favorite trillogy of all time. Unfortunately, the second movie got a little strange, but I thought they still might pull it off... but they lost it completely on the third one. IMO, it's almost like they stopped caring about it one way or the other. :mad::(

• Members
Originally posted by wacopacco

i used to play with toys that were like the machines that they were all strapped into. Forgot what they were called. But you put the little guy in these walking robot things. {censored}in awesome

Sounds a bit like Voltron, cept those were robot cats :o

I loved the hell out of that toy as a kid. Each robot had a little pilot rattling round inside of it.

• Members

I actually like a lot of the dialog in the 2nd and third movie. Lot's of philosophical confliction everywhere... and the names of some of the program/characters were really cool, although, im guessing that most people miss the meaning of them.

There were however some parts of movie that seemed unnesescary... or simply could have been done differently.

I didn't like the way they transitioned from part 2 to 3. The train station thing seemed silly, especially since they didn't ever explain how he got stuck there with out being in the matrix in the first place.

The whole dialog between neo, and persephone when she wants a kiss for the keymaker... just seemed silly.

the whole smith thing could have been handled differently in the movie.

The really cheesey part where morpheus is addressing everyone in zion and shouts "SSSSSSSSSSSILENCE". WTF, was he trying out for the part of joseph stalin cast in a flash gordon film????

Some of the fight scenes just seem so drawn out. Not to mention that long ass scene of everyone dancing for 10 minutes. Seems to me that they could have compacted both movies in to a really good single sequel that would be about 2.5 hours long.

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

I actually like a lot of the dialog in the 2nd and third movie. Lot's of philosophical confliction everywhere... and the names of some of the program/characters were really cool, although, im guessing that most people miss the meaning of them.

Actually most people I know get them, but don't find all that to be terribly compelling or interesting. The first film managed to play the narrative against the philosophy quite well, the latter two came off like a first year philosophy undergrad sprouting random quotes in a vain attempt to look good or try to get to laid...

• Members
Originally posted by fernmeister

Actually most people I know get them, but don't find all that to be terribly compelling or interesting. The first film managed to play the narrative against the philosophy quite well, the latter two came off like a first year philosophy undergrad sprouting random quotes in a vain attempt to look good or try to get to laid...

yeah, ive met that guy before... funny thing is that guy gets even worse after he graduates, and you end up working with him, while he tries to use these same arguments to prove he's over qualified for his job, and deserves a raise...:rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by Northstar

2001 A Space Odyssey was the longest and most boring sci-fi movie ever. Nothing happens for at least an hour.

I agree :D

I wanted to like it, but after the long-ass monkey scene where nothing happens, followed by the long-ass spaceship scene where nothing happens, it was just trying my patience. When people started talking, I thought maybe the film had started, but then there was another long-ass spaceship flying scene, then a long-ass moon buggy driving scene, then I turned it off.

For all their shortcomings, at least something happened in the Matrix films.

;)

• Members
Originally posted by PeelingPaint98

2 movies=worst dialogue on a large budget film ever.

seriously even worse than the star war movies

First movie rocked, great concept but obviously the wack brothers didn't expect to make the rest of the trilogy and just threw the second and third movie together.

Blah

:rolleyes:

+1. Something was lost when the second and 3rd movie came along. Maybe it was the mystery of the world outside the matrix. The matrix world was no longer the focus of the 2 movies, which i think was what gave the first movie such a unique style. They should have expanded on the "bending the rules" concept inside the matrix instead of shifting the focus to the dreary, grey real world.

And the whole philosophical BS didnt sit well with me either. Stop talking about nothing and SHOOT HIM! :p

• Members

somebody needs to do a "Phantom Edit" of that trilogy, and edit out the uneccessary crap from the 2nd and 3rd movies and just make it ONE SEQUEL - get rid of:

all the {censored} about Saphie

all the {censored} about Dozer's brother and his girlyfriend woes (jesus, who cares??!?!)

the junk about the sordid past between captain tightass and morpheus and the chick that sings death metal in the summer,

and of course, make up a new FX shot in which someone with half a brain installs and fires a large EMP to kill all the invading machines in the city after people start dying big time.

they should also compress all the fights between Neo and the agents to just two fights.

they should insert a sequence on the Animatrix DVD where Trinity bends over that Ducati motorcycle in leather pants, with Monica Bellucci CGI'd into the Keymaker's spot on the cycle chase. Then they should extend that sequence to about 20 minutes of just Trinity and Monica making out on the cycle as it goes the wrong way down the freeway.
then maybe a money shot. and an explosion.

anyone got some video editing software?

Archived