bluehuricane

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by erksin

Monkey Man...

Close, but the correct answer is "Gimmie Shelter."

My favorites Stones songs would be a different question. Prolly "Sway," "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'," "Stray Cat Blues," "Shine A Light"... oh, I really could go on.

• Members

Originally posted by utterhack

Close, but the correct answer is "Gimmie Shelter."

My favorites Stones songs would be a different question. Prolly "Sway," "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'," "Stray Cat Blues," "Shine A Light"... oh, I really could go on.

No way - Monkey Man is probably Keef's best riff evar, IMO.

Too many great cuts to choose from though - Before They Make Me Run, All Down The Line, The Last Time, Winter, Midnight Rambler, Brown Sugar, etc.

I think if I ever had to play in a tribute band, it would have to be a Stones version...

• Members

Originally posted by bluehuricane

oh damn, i forgot about shattered, i'm gonna go find a cd with that on it right away, that's a good'n. it's one of my first memories (my parents had a stones live dvd and i watched it at like 2 or 3 years old)

'Some Girls' is probably my #1 fave Stones record. I have an original 'lawsuit' album hanging on my wall that I bought with my paper route money back in the day - so many incredible songs on it. Lean, mean, pissed off Stones with plenty of New York stank on it - Ron Wood's finest album, and the last great thing they ever did as a band, IMO...

• Members

Originally posted by bunghole

Haven't listened to the Stones in a long while, but some faves are Dead Flowers (hugely overlooked song), Sympathy for the Devil, Have you seen your mother baby, beast of burden, before they make me run

"Dead Flowers" is great :thu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVAJSd8AfGk

My personal favorite is "Shine a Light"

Archived