John Mayer outed

utterhack

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In Our effort to keep this list up to date we'd appreciate your help. If you know of a band that is Gay or propogating a Gay message please email us so we can update. Donnie is handling this his email is etc etc

Brother, I'm a Christian and while I don't approve of the gay lifestyle I have to say that I don't hate them and there is a better way to go about this than calling these bands gay.

I've seen Judas Priest and I don't remember Rob Halford saying you need to be gay like me.

I certainly don't remember Metallica saying they wanted me to be gay, and John Mayer may not be the most manly man on the planet but he didn't tell me to be gay either. Even Elton John doesn't say I need to be gay. Of the bands listed the ones that I have seen did not make me want to turn to the dude next to me and lay a big fat wet one on him.

Find someone who teaches the Bible and let others do the lableing. One more thing, this doesn't have one thing to do with guitar effects so post it somewhere else.

• Members

Brother, I'm a Christian and while I don't approve of the gay lifestyle I have to say that I don't hate them and there is a better way to go about this than calling these bands gay.

I've seen Judas Priest and I don't remember Rob Halford saying you need to be gay like me.

I certainly don't remember Metallica saying they wanted me to be gay, and John Mayer may not be the most manly man on the planet but he didn't tell me to be gay either. Even Elton John doesn't say I need to be gay. Of the bands listed the ones that I have seen did not make me want to turn to the dude next to me and lay a big fat wet one on him.

Find someone who teaches the Bible and let others do the lableing. One more thing, this doesn't have one thing to do with guitar effects so post it somewhere else.

just the way you phrase that with "gay lifestyle" makes me think that you are part of that small group of christians that is the problem. It's right along the lines of starting a sentence with "im not racist but...."

what exactly is "the gay lifestyle" ? Is there a straight lifestyle? I sure hope im being straight the right way, and that my neighbors approve.

Sorry dude, it's not up to you to approve of anyones life style, so long as they arent imposing it upon you, or hurting anyone in the process.

lastly, the mods on HC are pretty lenient about off topic posts, so long as they dont turn in to complete debacles. That is why many of us prefer to hang out here, rather than the gearpage, or other forums.

• Members

just the way you phrase that with "gay lifestyle" makes me think that you are part of that small group of christians that is the problem. It's right along the lines of starting a sentence with "im not racist but...."

I do appreciate that you indicated that you don't think all Christians judge Homosexuals.

But I do think there can be some range in people's attitudes, Brian. He's not bashing, as far as I can see.

You may not fully appreciate the "gay lifestyle" wording, and I understand, but his message is a far cry from the "God Hates Fags" attitude. I'd give him some credit for working with the ideas, and trying to work it out. That's what I see, at least.

• Members

has to be a joke, no one sings GOD HATES FAGS, so beautifuly without it being a joke

It's not a joke. But I do think it's a power grab by that Phellps guy. From what I've read he has that town under his thumb. It's sick.

• Members

I do appreciate that you indicated that you don't think all Christians judge Homosexuals.

But I do think there can be some range in people's attitudes, Brian. He's not bashing, as far as I can see.

You may not fully appreciate the "gay lifestyle" wording, and I understand, but his message is a far cry from the "God Hates Fags" attitude. I'd give him some credit for working with the ideas, and trying to work it out. That's what I see, at least.

sorry, being gay is not any more of a life style than being white, christian, or someone who likes ham sandwiches.

Besides, it is not anyones place to approve on others lifestyes. Some people are offended by bicyclists wearing those tight bike shorts... too bad... get over your self... you are not projecting that {censored} on to the rest of us.

Sorry the language he's using sounds like post nixon administration code words for bigotry with a little jerry falwell on the side.

• Members

It has to do with music, so it's entirely on topic here.

it's obviously a parody, so relax.

• Members

sorry, being gay is not any more of a life style than being white, christian, or someone who likes ham sandwiches.

Besides, it is not anyones place to approve on others lifestyes. Some people are offended by bicyclists wearing those tight bike shorts... too bad... get over your self... you are not projecting that {censored} on to the rest of us.

Sorry the language he's using sounds like post nixon administration code words for bigotry with a little jerry falwell on the side.

I know what you mean by those codewords, Brian. But sometimes it's just the wording people are working with at the time, culture and enviorment. You can't see any open mindedness in what he said?

I'm just suggesting to you that another way to look at it is that he's working with the culture he's grown up in, and striving a bit twords being open minded.

It can be good to leave a person some room to explore open minded attitudes. That can take some welcoming.

But, that's just my opinion. I'm glad he's not in the "God hates Fags" camp, and can see that labeling bands as Gay is not cool. I don't like the "lifestyle" wording either, but people learn and grow.

• Members

I know what you mean by those codewords, Brian. But sometimes it's just the wording people are working with at the time, culture and enviorment. You can't see any open mindedness in what he said?

I'm just suggesting to you that another way to look at it is that he's working with the culture he's grown up in, and striving a bit twords being open minded.

It can be good to leave a person some room to explore open minded attitudes. That can take some welcoming.

But, that's just my opinion. I'm glad he's not in the "God hates Fags" camp, and can see that labeling bands as Gay is not cool. I don't like the "lifestyle" wording either, but people learn and grow.

Well, I can be open minded to the idea that there are a number of reasons that he may be using that language, but he's still using it whether its out of ignorance, or if its out of being judgmental.

Either way, he is the one who has to look at what he said, and what he thinks it actually means.

In the end, it's not that I dont like the lifestyle wording... It's that i find the lifestyle wording moronic if not hypocritical.

• Members
I want to email them with band names that are completely offensive, like Anal {censored} and The {censored}ing Champs, just to see them make the list. Offending uptight right wingers is a hobby of mine.

:thu: :thu: :thu: :thu:

Best suggestion so far!!!

c

• Members

Well, I can be open minded to the idea that there are a number of reasons that he may be using that language, but he's still using it whether its out of ignorance, or if its out of being judgmental.

Either way, he is the one who has to look at what he said, and what he thinks it actually means.

In the end, it's not that I dont like the lifestyle wording... It's that i find the lifestyle wording moronic if not hypocritical.

I guess I've just been thinking about what it means to close gaps, about ending the war, about ending the culture war in side, and outside, of our country.

Of course, there are some devides that are really hard to cross, like the Phellps "God hates Fags" guy.

But I've been thinking about how a lot of the unkindness out of liberals in the 60s and 70s started what we have going on now. And I do consider myself Liberal.

Reading the hate out of Christian mouths, then the hate out of the new breed of God bashers. What a mess - we bitch about Iraq, then breed culture wars here.

I'm just wondering what happens if we take every opportunity to see when the other guy is trying.

Whatever, I'll probably be raving pissed next week.

Archived