John Mayer outed

utterhack

• Members

I have a problem when liberals do it too... when they use words like tollerance... we dont want {censored}ing tollerance, we want acceptance.

This is the first time I've heard someone else say this. It's something I've spouted for years. I always hated the phrase. It gives the impression that whatever needs to be "tolerated" is wrong, be it morally or whatever, from the beginning. How is there ever understanding or unity this way, which should be the ultimate goal. Right?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quoted from the website in question:

Gay?

Are you struggling with undesired same-sex attractions? Maybe you have been a Homosexual for a long time, but now are searching for a way out. You have come to the right place! Love God's Way is offering hope and help to people seeking freedom from being Gay. We believe and we have seen in thousands of lives that this freedom is possible through the power of our C.H.O.P.S program working in our hearts and minds.

The bottom line - you shouldn't be gay! You can lead a life of fulfillment and happiness as God intended, a life far better than what your Gay life has offered.

The journey to normalcy isn't an easy one, but we will be with you through the adventure. Our national network of online Christian ministries are devoted to providing the love and care you need as you find God, holiness, and healing.

• Members
...unless they are 10 years old or threatened by their own closeted sexuality.
:confused::):confused::(

This is my line of thinking. There are plenty more people out there with gay tendencies than who have the guts to come clean with their family and society and admit what they are. This conflict causes self-loathing, which is then directed outwards in an attempt to ward off their feelings.

Nothing a good ass-ramming but a good ol' fashioned New York liberal leatherfag wouldn't cure, imho.

• Members
Quoted from the website in question:

Gay?

Are you struggling with undesired same-sex attractions? Maybe you have been a Homosexual for a long time, but now are searching for a way out. You have come to the right place! Love God's Way is offering hope and help to people seeking freedom from being Gay. We believe and we have seen in thousands of lives that this freedom is possible through the power of our C.H.O.P.S program working in our hearts and minds.

The bottom line - you shouldn't be gay! You can lead a life of fulfillment and happiness as God intended, a life far better than what your Gay life has offered.

The journey to normalcy isn't an easy one, but we will be with you through the adventure. Our national network of online Christian ministries are devoted to providing the love and care you need as you find God, holiness, and healing.

LOL! :D That rings a bell. This is from Will & Grace:

KAREN: No. [READING] "It's never too late to get back on the straight and narrow"? Honey, this is a cult! Yeah. Like the Moonies or the homeless. Yes. They're trying to make gay people straight! Good Lord! Don't they know what that'll do to the fall line?

What's the fall line by the way?

• Members

"It's never too late to get back on the straight and narrow"? Honey, this is a cult! Yeah. Like the Moonies or the homeless. Yes. They're trying to make gay people straight! Good Lord! Don't they know what that'll do to the fall line?

What's the fall line by the way?

They mean the fashion designers' fall lines.

Yes, I watched 'The Devil Wears Prada' with the wife some weeks back.

• Members

They mean the fashion designers' fall lines.

Yes, I watched 'The Devil Wears Prada' with the wife some weeks back.

Thanks. That was the only guess I could come up with too. We watch the show over here with years of delay, I think, so there is no sense of season to us. Incidentally I was cut off from the channel broadcasting the show only last week, but I have been going through reruns for quite some time already. I think I may have seen all episodes at least 3 times, and many of them 4 times. I am crazy about that show! Karen Walker is about the funniest character I have ever seen. Admittedly some of the gay stuff does grow old and tiresome, but this show kicks more ass than any other sitcom I've ever seen. I prefer sitcoms to movies, as I don't have the patience for narrative.

• Members

I have a problem when liberals do it too... when they use words like tollerance... we dont want . . . tollerance, we want acceptance. Tollerance is exactly what makes phrases like "well im not racist but..." acceptable.

Ah. . . acceptance. THAT is truly the heart of it. The problem with acceptance is that you must persecute anyone who thinks differently than you, and as long as there is free will, you won't get that.

Proof? Your favorite team/distortion/etc. vs, the team/distortion/etc. you absolutely can't stand?

I know it's a frivolous example, but the premise is that basic. On the other hand, freedom of thought and opinion automatically makes space for the facists just by definition. To truly have freedom of thought, we have to have freedom of dissent as well.

And tolerance? I may strongly disagree with your point of view just as you may disagree with mine, but I support your right to view issues different from me, and at the end of the day, we "agree to disagree" and go have a steak dinner. The understanding is that we are all part of the same country. Otherwise, we draw sides for the next civil war.

Brett

• Members
Wait
-a-minute. . . Frank Sinatra???

. . .sigh. . .

Quasi religious "fruitloop" theology as a platform to preach hate. I looked at some of the other sites and they have God hates Canada, God Hates America, and God Hates Sweden, and on that doosie of a site, there is this written in large letters: "THANK GOD FOR ALL DEAD SWEDES!!!"

The Bible says we'll know them by their fruits. That's not God, that's just an excuse for hate.

Brett

IT'S A PARODY *SLAPS BRETT'S FOREHEAD* HELLOOOO MCFLY!!!
:D :D

• Members

Ah. . . acceptance. THAT is truly the heart of it. The problem with acceptance is that you must persecute anyone who thinks differently than you, and as long as there is free will, you won't get that.

Proof? Your favorite team/distortion/etc. vs, the team/distortion/etc. you absolutely can't stand?

I know it's a frivolous example, but the premise is that basic. On the other hand, freedom of thought and opinion automatically makes space for the facists just by definition. To truly have freedom of thought, we have to have freedom of dissent as well.

And tolerance? I may strongly disagree with your point of view just as you may disagree with mine, but I support your right to view issues different from me, and at the end of the day, we "agree to disagree" and go have a steak dinner. The understanding is that we are all part of the same country. Otherwise, we draw sides for the next civil war.

Brett

I'm not talking about forced acceptance. I'm talking about changing the way we talk about issues like this... if your goal is tollerance, you are setting the bar really low. It's kind of like building a car and hoping most of the cylinders fire... if you set low goals, you set your self up to fail.

• Members

I'm not block-quoting you here to push a debate, I just thought it would make it easier to understand what I'm responding to.

Now Gil, I think you are a cool guy, so dont think im mad at you or anything. Although some of our general views are probably quite similar, I am betting that we arrived at them in very different ways.

Thanks, Brian, I think you're a cool guy, too, and that we probbably have similar views. I'm just talking about the stuff I've been thinking about, in working with those views, and other people. No dis intended.

Peace.

• Members

Brian and Gil, I salute you both for actually managing to pull genuine exchange of passionately-held beliefs around an urgent question from this thread of silliness.

I mean it. Also, the Liquid Sunshine doesn't get enough love around here.

More proof that Brian and I can over-intellectualize anything. :)

Archived