Cheap analog delays that can loop?

Zlandicar

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Danelectro Reel Echo has a sound on sound function that works as a single looper. The only problem is you can't manually control how long the loop is with the footswitch. It has an adjustable knob for that, so if you're relying on timing you're screwed. But it's about $100 and it sounds great.

• Members

pds delay. prob cheapest other than the zoom mentioned above. 8 seconds of delay.

edit... whoa, i had like 1500 posts, where they go?!

Those sell for $250-$300 or more regularly on Ebay. They are quite awesome though.

• Members

i got my digidelay for 60 bucks off ebay, it sucks as a looper though, not seemless at all (and i've tried for hours to perfect it) good delay though

I saw one for $49 so I jumped on it. Even if it turns out to be worthless as a looper, it's still a cool delay to have.

Why isn't it seamless? Is there a noticeable break in between repetitions, or...?

• Members
I saw one for $49 so I jumped on it. Even if it turns out to be worthless as a looper, it's still a cool delay to have.

Why isn't it seamless? Is there a noticeable break in between repetitions, or...?

good for you. ive had a ton of loopers (well, some :) ) and whiles its not a looper per se, i thought it was useful for sure...

• Members
good for you. ive had a ton of loopers (well, some
:)
) and whiles its not a looper per se, i thought it was useful for sure...

Well I don't need a full looper with X minutes of recording time, so I figured it would be overkill to get anything else. My shows are improvised so I just need something to hold some tone(s), to set the mood. I might get a real looper later though, to be able to fully back myself up.

• Members

Well I don't need a full looper with X minutes of recording time, so I figured it would be overkill to get anything else. My shows are improvised so I just need something to hold some tone(s), to set the mood. I might get a real looper later though, to be able to fully back myself up.

How much time do you need?

• Members
They are cool, but most of them only have 2 seconds of delay time. The only one that has more, 8 seconds, usually costs well over $300 now.

or you can sepnd $1 on a screwdriver and change the internal trim pot on a $80 pds1001 or 1002 to 8 seconds :rolleyes:
I have2 pds 20/20 pedals, 1 set to stock 2 seconds for my guitar and teh other set to about 14 seconds for my synth "background looping"

• Members

or you can sepnd $1 on a screwdriver and change the internal trim pot on a $80 pds1001 or 1002 to 8 seconds
:rolleyes:
I have2 pds 20/20 pedals, 1 set to stock 2 seconds for my guitar and teh other set to about 14 seconds for my synth "background looping"

Most people wouldn't put up with the degraded sound quality from tweaking them for more time. :thu:

• Members

but people pay $300+ for long "analog sounding" delays?
:p
low res digital delays, don't knock them until you have heard them
:thu:

I love the PDS, and I think its a much better option that the overpriced ZVex, but that's not exactly what is being asked about here. ;)

As for the Headrush, it loops and does digital delay and a whacky 4 head tape delay thing.

• Members
I love the PDS, and I think its a much better option that the overpriced ZVex, but that's not exactly what is being asked about here.
;)

my point is that most guitar players want things they really don't, and could use a nudge from us guys who have been through the let downs of our gear desires to look elswhere :thu:

Archived