Cheap analog delays that can loop?

Zlandicar

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

do you have a two channel amp

Yes, but it's not the main amp I use, and it lacks footswitch control.

I want it to keep playing what I capture in the background and then let the rest of my signal pass through without getting processed by it.

• Members

I'd prefer a longer looping time, but to be fair, the purpose I want it for in asking about it could do with a few hundred ms.

Cheap would be, say, under $100. Though I might be able to just get a DD-20 or Headrush. I don't mind eating frozen food for a few days :cool:

• Members
whats cool sometimes..is to make a loop on a computer ..then transfer to tape.. then play it on your amp. thats what I would do if I played loops for a live show. but thats me.

Not possible, my live shows are 100% improvised. :)

Well, I could just get a cheap tape recorder or something, but I'd prefer a stompbox. Seamless operation, set-and-forget and all that.

• Members

No analog delay can loop.

Your going to have to go digital.

I thought the ol' DMM was analog. I saw a video of a guy looping with that... at least that's what he was claiming.

Besides, aren't there delays out there that loop digitally but the audio signal path is analog?

I'm not a delay freak (yet) so I don't really know this stuff...

• Members

The headrush is such easy, extremely clean looping. I don't use my DD20 much for looping but if you get that, you not only have looping capabilities but a ton of other delays and presets. Go for it.

The DD-20 can loop for what, 23 seconds? I hear it doesn't handle moderate/high gain well because of noise. I have a noisegate, just nice to know beforehand.

• Members
I think you're confusing self oscillation with looping.
:confused:

No, I have a few delays that can self-oscillate. I don't want more craziness, just straight repetition. I just figured there'd be delays out there that could pull off this kind of "looping" that would run less than something like an RC-2.

• Members

No, I have a few delays that can self-oscillate. I don't want more craziness, just straight repetition. I just figured there'd be delays out there that could pull off this kind of "looping" that would run less than something like an RC-2.

Right...if you want clean repeats that you can play over; you want a looping pedal...not a delay. Like seif said, the RC-2 is definitely cheaper than a DMM. Look for a good deal on a used one. It sound like it's the best match for what you want to do.

Archived