When will my gear lust go away?!

TeleMan1985

• Members

In the last couple of months I've already spent a fortune. I've made a board and have got some nice pedals, and for two weeks I was happy with it, until I came back here and decided I needed more stuff. Now there's so much I want that I will have to build a bigger board, or buy one, I want more pedals, George L cables bla bla. It's ridiculous! Half the time I don't even practice properly because I'm just messing with my pedals all night, or I'm on hear reading about pedals! To top it off I'm only a bedroom player at present although I suppose I will get myself involved with a band someday soon. There's to many nice pedal boards on here. From now on you may only post pictures of Behringers shoddily tossed onto a piece of dirty plywood and connected with bargain bin multi-coloured patch cables. Thanks!

I hate all of you :D Please help disuade a skint man from buying anymore gear!

• Members

It will ONLY go away, when you have the ability to achieve every tone you've ever desired and be able to control it all in real time, with NO compromises anywhere in your signal chain. Even then, you will always dig ALL that is related to good tone. :thu:

• Members

oh {censored}, RUN!!! LOL

last time this happened I spent way too much.

I just want 1 top quality version of each style of guitar, thats all.

i'm looking to spend up to about $5000 on a guitar.. i'm cool with it though... i deserve a {censored} hot instrument

• Members

You might try getting into a band. Back in the 90's I tried to "retire" from playing in bands, I became extremely acquisitive. I was compensating for not preforming by buy lot's of stuff. When I finally got a rock band going, I still tended to buy a lot of gear (particularly right before a show), but the neurotic desire is not quite as bad.

You are buying tons of gear in an attempt to fill the gaping hole in you soul. Figure out the source of your true unhappiness and the longing may recede.

• Members

You might try getting into a band. Back in the 90's I tried to "retire" from playing in bands, I became extremely acquisitive. I was compensating for not preforming by buy lot's of stuff. When I finally got a rock band going, I still tended to buy a lot of gear (particularly right before a show), but the neurotic desire is not quite as bad.

You are buying tons of gear in an attempt to fill the gaping hole in you soul. Figure out the source of your true unhappiness and the longing may recede.

I gig live regularly and do a lot of session work including jingles for Radio and TV. My gear has been accumulated over nearly 20 years.

Don't be a hater. It's so petty

• Members

Man, you are bang on. This must be what my shrink was missing :rolleyes:

I think really I just buy gear because I enjoy playing around with it. It's when I buy gear I don't really need or to compete with boards I've seen on here that it becomes a bit of a pain in the arse...

• Members
GAS is a terminal condition for many people TeleMan.
;)

But remember: The idea behind GAS'ing for cool tools is to use them for
music
- so don't get too wrapped up in forums, or buying stuff or tweaking things that you forget about that as a first priority.
:)

AMEN! :thu:

Archived