New Catalinbread Pedal

Filter428

• Members
It is pretty small and sorta expensive. But I'm actually considering one right now so as to not have to spend all the money on a scod.
:thu:

It's the cheapest I can make it. Which probably means if I were a multinational it shouldn't be made. The enclosure alone is twice as expensive as my standard pedal size enclosures. But it sounds like pure rock fury so I have to do it.

Don't expect it to cover SCOD territory. Thanks for the support!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of the allures of getting the Catalinbread Silver Kiss for me was that it was really versatile AND very small. I'm not a big fan of big pedals for big pedals' sake.

Me neither. If I breadboard something with 100 compenents I am not happy until I widdle that down to 60 and sound BETTER than it did with 100 components. Samething with enclosures, it would have taken me 20 minutes to layout the Hyper Pak into a larger enclosure. This small one took a number of hours of careful parts placement. I dunno I am a nerd like that and enjoy toying with proverbial squeezing 10lbs sand in a 5lbs bag.

You know, the things that stand out to me in Nic's auctions are his sense of humor and his comments about hoping that the pedals inspire people to play. Sometimes I think people get so caught up in the gear and their tone that they forget what it's all about - playing music. I think it's cool that a builder is so supportive of that. :thu:

• Members

if you have never built a pedal before you don't really know what it costs to make one . i suggest that you pick any type and source out all the parts for it. for example to make 1 simple fuzz face pedal that looks and sounds good enuff to sell to someone your looking at $50-60 in parts alone . that not counting how much time you put in to it or any of the tools to make it .not to mention the ebay and paypal fees

i don't know what it costs Nicholas to make these pedals i have an idea tho since ive built some pedals for myself and some friends , but i do know its not $119 clear .

• Members

if you have never built a pedal before you don't really know what it costs to make one . i suggest that you pick any type and source out all the parts for it. for example to make 1 simple fuzz face pedal that looks and sounds good enuff to sell to someone your looking at $50-60 in parts alone . that not counting how much time you put in to it or any of the tools to make it .not to mention the ebay and paypal fees

i don't know what it costs Nicholas to make these pedals i have an idea tho since ive built some pedals for myself and some friends , but i do know its not $119 clear .

There are a lot of real things people forget when prices are factored... I probably pay the least for parts in the equation, in no particular order I also pay labor, water, electricity, gas, tools, supplies, shipping costs from vendors, shipping costs to customer (domestic), ebay fees, paypal fees, advertising, webhosting fees, taxes state, taxes Federal, insurance, professional services, R&D, license fees, misc expenses. Very little room for value added profit after all that.

When a manufacturer sells through a dealer all those expenses in addition to 40% so they can pay all the above expenses AGAIN for their own business and also feed their kids and thus justify carrying the warez at all. Money works in strange ways behind the scenes. We are not all making pedals in China... Not every pedal made in China is inexpensive as a Bad Monkey either. Discriminate ears also know the differences among expensive, cheap, and a great value.

• Members
There are a lot of real things people forget when prices are factored... I probably pay the least for parts in the equation, in no particular order I also pay labor, water, electricity, gas, tools, supplies, shipping costs from vendors, shipping costs to customer (domestic), ebay fees, paypal fees, advertising, webhosting fees, taxes state, taxes Federal, insurance, professional services, R&D, license fees, misc expenses. Very little room for value added profit after all that.

When a manufacturer sells through a dealer all those expenses in addition to 40% so they can pay all the above expenses AGAIN for their own business and also feed their kids and thus justify carrying the warez at all. Money works in strange ways behind the scenes. We are not all making pedals in China... Not every pedal made in China is inexpensive as a Bad Monkey either. Discriminate ears also know the differences among expensive, cheap, and a great value.

Not to mention the man has to eat! I mean just look at his picture!
skinnyman.jpg
Those fingers are just made for wiring up little effects!

• Members

don't lie nick, we all know how it really works,

Phase 1: make pedal
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: profit

And if all those "costs" as you call them, are such a big deal how come all you pedal builders have 2 or 3 bentleys and more hos than a rap video :eek:

:D

• Members

Imus'd

So how can you describe the pedal?

I wasn't commenting on the size more so how many components could really be in it but I guess I stand corrected. I like the size.

But ya how's it sound any clips?

Archived