What's the WORST popular effect?

DLDude

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I really don't like flange. It typically sounds too 'over the top' for my liking. I have heard some instances where I like it, but other than that it is just too distracting to use. IMO, of course.

I thought so too, then I tried an Ibanez DFL in front of gain. Nice. :D I also like the Boss Hi-Band Flanger, it doesn't sound like a jet plane since it doesn't flange those lower frequencies.

• Members

the first pedal i ever owned: boss metalzone.

never should anybody ever even consider playing this, much less buying it.

oh ya, the dod death metal distortion is pretty godawful too.

i think agree with alot of you guys on wah, flange, and chorus really just being too much in most instances.

i do, however, like tremolo in the right situation. (except when the guitar player of my band overdoes it.)

• Members
hahaha

how could i possibly forget talk box.. except.. the flaming lips "yeah yeah yeah song" may be the only cool example of one ever.

the flaming lips could make a broken recorder sound cool :love:

but yeah, I just remember slash and his costand

Skeew skeeew skeeew mouth solos

you think he could have at least mouthed all the lyrics so axehole wouldn't need the monitor :D

• Members

ummm ok... highgain tinny distortion.

I think that if its used in moderation, it's alright. I know that sounds crazy, but there was a song some friends of mine and I wrote we used to jam to when I still used my OD-20 and I used to switch on an MT-2 model (God forbid that) which had zero bottom end, a ton of high end and no body and it sounded kinda cool for what I was using it for.

Archived