What's the WORST popular effect?

DLDude

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Chorus doesn't have to be cheesy and 80's. Granted I only own one chorus and a ton of Flangers and Phasers, but still... Most effects can be terrible or awesome, it's all in the hands of the user.

However, 80's hair metal chorus is pretty bad. ;)

• Members

Well, it may not be the most popular, but Ring Mod would have to be the worst.

I would pick an octave up pedal anyday over a Ring Mod.
:evil:

amen!

Granted its odd but at least when its used in moderation is can really sound great.

Ring mod however is possibly the most un-musical effect.

• Members

Flanger can be usefull. The Cure style reverb is awesome, when used in minimal quantities and as a part of a song.

Flange+Tremolo sounds amazing.

Airplane swoosh on flangers can be usefull when used in one part of the song, lets say a bridge. Like on Dino Jr's freakscene played live.

• Members

Flanger can be usefull. The Cure style reverb is awesome, when used in minimal quantities and as a part of a song.

Flange+Tremolo sounds amazing.

Airplane swoosh on flangers can be usefull when used in one part of the song, lets say a bridge. Like on Dino Jr's freakscene played live.

I like phaser and trem...I saw a guy in a band live use that combination very effectively. :thu:

• Members

Definitely flange. The only instance where I've heard it sound cool is maybe some Rage against the Machine. A nice Ibanez DFL deep flange is neat. I don't like the screeching airplane sound.

That and any sort of "metal distortion" pedal.

• Members

Most flangers sound like teh ghey. I like the Boss Hi-Band. For flangers that are "too much" for me, but still sound awesome, the Hash Browns is surprisingly awesome. I'm sure the Flanger Hoax is cool, but that's just getting into flanger territory that I dare not step in.

Archived