R.I.P., dad.....

Jon Hiller

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My condolences. I lost my dad 2 years ago come June 13th. I still am having trouble dealing with it. I am getting better though. Just keep your head up(most of the time) and now and then it is ok for it to be down. That was a problem that some people around me could not understand.

Good luck and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Members
I haven't been around as much lately, my dad has been in and out of the hospital the past month. He passed away and went to be with mom on Friday morning. I've lost both parents within just about 6 months of each other, my world will never be the same. Dad was ready to go, however. He told me a couple months ago that he was tired of his body not being able to keep up with what he wanted it to do..... he could get around the house with little trouble, but he couldn't drive or lift anything, and he'd fallen down during the night a couple times when he got up to go to the bathroom, resulting in a couple bad bruises and a couple of nasty skin tears on his arm. He told me that he was ready to go lay crowns at his Savior's feet and be with mom. He and mom would have been married 64 years on Valentine's day of this year had she lived. Visitation is tomorrow evening and the funeral is Tuesday morning. I'm pretty ok with things right now, although I was home with him (along with 2 of my 3 sisters and my brother) when he passed away and that was hard, and I'm not sure how ok I will be with things when visitation and funeral time roll around. I hope my kids handle this ok, they were pretty torn up when their grandma (my mom) died.

Sorry for rambling, I just wanted to share this and get some of it off my chest. Those of you that pray, any prayers you want to send our way would be greatly appreciated.

Jon

EDIT: That's dad in my avatar.....

I am so very sorry to read about this.

So sorry for your loss.

:cry:

• Members

It sounds like your father was a believer? It's good to know that ahead of time. My mom is dealing with cancer right now, and we're not sure where she's at spiritually, and it's a difficult subject in my family. We all know what's coming, but we just don't know when. We just hope (and pray) that she knows Jesus before she passes.

• Members

Hey all, I want you all to know I really appreciate all the prayers and support sent our way, it means a lot. It will never be the same around our place, for sure, but I'm glad that dad went peacefully and basically how he wanted to go. It wasn't an easy time over the last few days, especially the funeral yesterday, but we're hanging in there, and the kids took it hard but not as hard as I was afraid they would. Thanks again....

Jon

• Members

Hey all, I want you all to know I really appreciate all the prayers and support sent our way, it means a lot. It will never be the same around our place, for sure, but I'm glad that dad went peacefully and basically how he wanted to go. It wasn't an time over the last few days, especially the funeral yesterday, but we're hanging in there, and the kids took it hard but not as hard as I was afraid they would. Thanks again....

Jon

Hey Jon,

Just read this today and really sorry for the situation. Here are some more prayers and support sent for you and your loved ones. You sound like you're in a wonderful family.

• Members

Jon,
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I'm lucky in that I still have both parents, though my Dad's health comes and goes. I wish I could say something to help you feel better, but all I can offer are my thoughts, and your fond memories of him.
AC

Archived