I saw the saddest thing today. (prayers needed)

EvilSoup

• Members

Sorry, I didn't see this one before I replied. My heart goes out to you and yours. Think of the the good times as often as you can, and let your emotions have their voice, but remember what she would want is to remember the love to wash away the pain.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Both grandmas I had died of some sort of disease. My grandma on my dad's side died of complications from Type 1 Diabetes she had since she was 19 and my grandma on my mom's side died from colon cancer that spread to her liver and I remember that right before she died, she was doped up on morphine, didn't know what was going on and was smoking a cigarette while drinking wine. She went out like a soldier and stayed positive for the year and a half she lived with it and outlived the 6 months the doctors gave her to live.

Anyhow, you'll be in my prayers.

• Members

I wish your grandmother all the best and a speedy recovery as well as a long life !!!!! ........ but ...... Praying to a GOD that does not exist will do you no good !

"You can not petion the lord with prayer"

Jim Morrison ......

• Members

What is up with the inconsiderate morons in this thread?

Why the hell would you decide that this was the proper place to voice your religious ideology? Are you stupid, selfish, or both? I'm guessing it's the last one based on your need to prioritize feeding your own weak and shallow ego at the possible cost to another persons peace, and your inability to spell in your quotation of Jim Morrison. :rolleyes:

• Members

the worst week of my life was when my uncle died about a year ago.

he finally saved up enough to get the gastric bypass which we thought would solve a lot of his health problems.

the doctors used too much blood thinners, his kidney's shut down, and he died.

the worst part was, i was either so sure, or so in denial that he was going to be okay that i didn't make the time to go see him that week. he unexpectedly crashed and died and i never saw him again.

i'm really sorry man, it's a rough time. just be there for your family and cherish the memories.

• Members
My Grandma has been recently moved to a hospice because of her terminal colon cancer. She has been strong after surviving breast cancer 10 years ago but she just couldn't make it through kemo for this one.

Anyways I went to see her today and it was so sad I had to cry.

She was just laying there, mouth open, face completely yellow due to liver failure, and she was drifting in and out of consciousness.

I just thought that she looked liked she was already gone.

I had never seen anyone like that before.

It was just so... sad.
:cry:

Just a few days before I had been talking to her about school and she seemed so lively. I didn't want to see her like this.

Thanks so much for any prayers and kind thoughts.

EDIT: My grandma passed on this mothers day, 2am. RIP

my thoughts are with you.

• Members

My Grandma has been recently moved to a hospice because of her terminal colon cancer. She has been strong after surviving breast cancer 10 years ago but she just couldn't make it through kemo for this one.

She was just laying there, mouth open, face completely yellow due to liver failure, and she was drifting in and out of consciousness.

It was just so... sad.

Just a few days before I had been talking to her about school and she seemed so lively. I didn't want to see her like this.

My Grandpa went through something very similar with his cancer. Seeing this strong, funny, loving guy reduced to lying in a bed and not even able talk in coherent sentences was heartbreaking. Take solice in the fact that her suffering is at an end. My prayers are with you and your family.

• Members
What is up with the inconsiderate morons in this thread?

Why the hell would you decide that this was the proper place to voice your religious ideology? Are you stupid, selfish, or both? I'm guessing it's the last one based on your need to prioritize feeding your own weak and shallow ego at the possible cost to another persons peace, and your inability to spell in your quotation of Jim Morrison.
:rolleyes:

Yes !! This is the place to bring up peoples religious convictions !! Maybe if this guy isn't scammed into thinking some all powerful being will make everything OK with some prayer and sacred chants , He'll try to make his life better on his own the way it should be !!

• Members

My thoughts are with you Mr. Soup.

I know it doesn't help, but my mother is in a hospital in australia where she will spend the rest of her life. I saw her 5 years ago for the first time since i was 10. Her brain is dammaged from years of alcoholism, and has no short term memory.

I am going back to visit her in July. I am pretty sure this is the last time I will ever see her. Last time i saw her it was to let go of some of my own personal demons. This time it is to say good bye. I'm trying to come to grips with that.

• Members

Hello, I'm not actually religious. Personally I am agnostic. Which means I don't know or presume where or what my Grandma is doing right now where ever she is.

But that has nothing to do with what my Grandma believed in!

So please respect other peoples religious beliefs so that the Earth can stay a tolerant, enjoyable place.

• Members

It was just so... sad.

Prayer's and mojo coming your way. Hang in there brother.

• Members

Hope you are doing well, EvilSoup.

With people passing on, I've learned to not take the people who make your life better for granted while they're around.

My grandma died within weeks of finding out she even had cancer, a very active woman who seemed very healty...turned out cancer had spread all over. I watched her die in a nursing home, I was the only one there...saw my grandpa die too a few years before...bizarre and really sad but somehow comforting to be there for the last moments of their lives.

Archived