I saw the saddest thing today. (prayers needed)

EvilSoup

• Members

cancer is an awful illness indeed. be strong, you'll come out of this all with a better sense of life's preciousness. whenever i've lost somone, it has just helped me really put alot of things in perspective.

and those that used this thread to make light of your situation, well, they'll get theirs one way or another. for example, a good friend of mine had a father who got AIDS from a blood transfusion. we were at a party and some smart-ass started running his mouth about all kinds of misguided things regarding that disease, not knowing what my friend had been through. long story short, he walked home with two black eyes and plenty of bruising.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched my grandmother die at 69 from blood poisoning after cutting her finger cooking christmas dinner... died two days after christmas... we all as a family had to go to her house and open gifts two weeks later...

its horrible to remember and think about... she was a good woman... very good to us...

I am VERY sorry for your loss..

Hello, I'm not actually religious. Personally I am agnostic. Which means I don't know or presume where or what my Grandma is doing right now where ever she is.

But that has nothing to do with what my Grandma believed in!

So please respect other peoples religious beliefs so that the Earth can stay a tolerant, enjoyable place.

Exactly!

You see, if someone suffers a loss in their family, and asks for prayers or good thoughts or whatever, that's NOT the time to get into a religious argument with them. Whatever solace, or comfort or help we can provide, that's what we should be offering. Not lectures on the pros and cons of their particular beliefs. You don't have to offer prayers if that's something you're not into, but you can offer your best wishes, or sympathy, or condolences or whatever.

What I DON'T want to see is any more arguments about religion or the lack of religion in this thread. That isn't what this is about. One of our own suffered a difficult loss, and as a community, we should be there for them. If you don't feel you can do that, in whatever way you're personally comfortable with, then fine. Don't post in the thread. But don't slag on someone who is in the middle of a difficult time. That's just completely uncool. :(

• Members
Hello, I'm not actually religious. Personally I am agnostic. Which means I don't know or presume where or what my Grandma is doing right now where ever she is.

But that has nothing to do with what my Grandma believed in!

So please respect other peoples religious beliefs so that the Earth can stay a tolerant, enjoyable place.

Exactly!

You see, if someone suffers a loss in their family, and asks for prayers or good thoughts or whatever, that's NOT the time to get into a religious argument with them. Whatever solace, or comfort or help we can provide, that's what we should be offering. Not lectures on the pros and cons of their particular beliefs. You don't have to offer prayers if that's something you're not into, but you can offer your best wishes, or sympathy, or condolences or whatever.

What I DON'T want to see is any more arguments about religion or the lack of religion in this thread. That isn't what this is about. One of our own suffered a difficult loss, and as a
community
, we should be there for them. If you don't feel you can do that, in whatever way you're personally comfortable with, then fine. Don't post in the thread. But don't slag on someone who is in the middle of a difficult time. That's just completely uncool.
:(

Hey ! It's my old buddy Phil .... NOT !!! No slagging ehhh , but it's cool to have pics of a guys nutsack ? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

No, that was an inappropriate picture. Sorry, but I didn't see it earlier; if I had, I would have deleted it.

That still doesn't change what I said to you. So I'd suggest you get out of this thread now or go find another forum to troll.

Consider that an official warning. :evil:

Oops, my bad - forget about the warning - you're banned. Looks like you're a "beback" for BobboVisMe. Reregistering after a ban is grounds for an insta-ban.

Come back again, and my next call is to your ISP (the name of which is frequently abbreviated to three letters...) to let them know you're violating our (and their) TOS.

If you're trying to do a "beback", it's not very smart to argue with an admin and draw attention to yourself. :freak:

• Members

EvilSoup, my condolences to you and your family. The most difficult times in my life have been witnessing the deterioration of health in people that I love. I hope you will remember her as she was and not as she was at the end. Take heart that she is suffering no longer.

Prayers and peace to you.

• Members

I want to thank everyone who has posted so far.

The funeral will be on thursday,

Weston Noble, the well known choir conductor for the Luther Nordic Choir, will be showing up to conduct the small church choir that my Grandma was in. My Grandma was in the top nordic choir and she was very good friends with Weston Noble.

• Members

Death is a beautiful thing. Something you should understand is that Death is not the opposite of Life. The opposite of Death is Birth, Life has no opposite.
- Eckhart Tolle

I lost my grandmother to leukemia in October, it was (and still is) very hard to realize that I can't go over to her house and spend time with her. My thoughts are with you!

• Members

Unfortunately, my Grandma on my dads side is currently having hip surgery because she broke a screw in her hip from doing some exercise. Doctors are worried because she has had complications before such as the blood being rejected from her body.

Thats also sad. :(

I had to pick out my suit today for the funeral, and I'm taking tomorrow off of school.

Archived