Artfully designed pedal boards

Zachman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm looking at the boards and they all look like regular boards to me? Also the sound is annoying as hell, where's the dang button to turn it off?

If there's something special about these boards, they need to show it in pictures cause I don't get it.

• Members

The wiring that these guys do is done with such beautiful surgical precision, I thought the pedal guys here would appreciate it. I guess I could've better titled the thread, sorry about the confusion.

A-11.jpg

405321997_41925c6d8c_o.jpg

405322003_791c5ceaf7_o.jpg

Some cool custom rack interfaces they do too, for the guys who rack mount their pedals:

INT2.jpg

INT3.jpg

INTBOX.jpg

• Members
The wiring that these guys do is done with such beautiful surgical precision, I thought the pedal guys here would appreciate it. I guess I could've better titled the thread, sorry about the confusion.

405322003_791c5ceaf7_o.jpg

Wonder if that's for the same John Ou who was late of this forum? He of the Anderson guitars?

BF

• Members

i like the lasoundesign stuff but that's a ton o' cash....where can i get JUST the PEDALBOARD...the plain type with the two 'lil handles on the sides??? Stinks that they don't sell just the blank board...

• Members

looks like some kind of overpriced la cork sniffer type stuff...nice but nothing you couldnt do your self to save about a grand

the guy from trailer trash is offereing somthing very expensive but awesome at least

• Members
I got myself all psyched up thinking that these pedal boards were going to decorated like a Pakistani truck or covered with jewel-encrusted bling.

I think I might have set my expectation level a little high.

+1

i was thinking...finally, a grill for my paul wall pedal board :love:

• Members

meh, not worth $800. cables are tidy but I could do that myself and could make the wiring 100 times better.

That medium sized board also includes a custom power supply for up to 12 pedals with varying voltages (handy with pedals like Radial which use 15V or MXR Flanger 18V), a single interface with an In/Out buffer if needed, and a Custom switch box (A/B, mute, loop).

I'd love to see some of your designs including the above, and done "100 times better" using the same quality components use to build the custom interfaces, power supplies and switchboxes, for a lot cheaper. I may have some customers for you. :thu::idea:

• Members

Eh, I think the price is excessive for something I could wire up myself. Can I make a custom power supply or anything like that? No, but I can put some pieces of wood together in a suitcase and buy a 1-Spot! ;)

Plus, that website is horrid. Yeah it looks nice, but any website with music = bad. Any website with music that you can't turn off = terrible.

• Members

Plus, that website is horrid. Yeah it looks nice, but any website with music = bad. Any website with music that you can't turn off = terrible.

I'll forward your suggestion to them, to have a way to turn off the music.

• Members
Ya, anyone could just throw their pedals in a gym bag too, but apparently there are some who prefer to have things done to a professional higher standard, than attaching their pedals to peg board and securing them with zip ties, and using run-of-the-mill cables and attachments for their high dollar Boutique pedals etc... investments.
;)

If they can afford it, then that's awesome. Sometimes you just have to weigh your options and ask yourself is it worth the $600-$1000. To me, it's too much. If it's not for someone else, have fun with your new board!

• Members

If they can afford it, then that's awesome. Sometimes you just have to weigh your options and ask yourself is it worth the $600-$1000. To me, it's too much. If it's not for someone else, have fun with your new board!

Absolutely agree 100%, the pro level stuff tends to be pricier for good reason, and isn't for everyone. If some guy is just starting out or is just a hobbiest, you're right, the little things that make a difference to the aficionado's, isn't likely a point of contention.

There are guys here who have $300+ pedals though, and more than just 1, some of them a LOT more than just 1, so they may be interested in a higher level of professionalism in their setups than say the guys who go with the "good enough is good enough" mentality with $25 pedals. Please don't get me wrong, $25 dollar pedals have their place and their market demographic, and they should. Some kid isn't likely going to be able to pay for Moog gear with their part time McDonalds paycheck, and should have something to get them in the neighborhood of what they want. Everyone starts at the beginning.

Delays as an example sure a Boss DD2 does delays. Does it do it like a Pigtronix, Maestro, Eventide, or TC Electronic etc...? NO... But it wasn't meant to either. ;) Same for pedal boards. A piece of peg-board will work, but... You get the idea I'm sure.

• Members
That medium sized board also includes a custom power supply for up to 12 pedals with varying voltages (handy with pedals like Radial which use 15V or MXR Flanger 18V), a single interface with an In/Out buffer if needed, and a Custom switch box (A/B, mute, loop).

I'd love to see some of your designs including the above, and done "100 times better" using the same quality components use to build the custom interfaces, power supplies and switchboxes, for a lot cheaper. I may have some customers for you.
:thu::idea:

Buckle up, kids... :blah: :blah: :blah:

Archived