Danger !!! Box of Rock clone on eBay

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, watch everyone queue up to buy the "Da dies ein Privatverkauf ist, gebe ich keine Garantie" (Since this is a private sale, I do not give a guarantee) ripoff clone pedal. From the guy with 5 feedbacks. In Germany. R-i-i-i-i-i-i-ight. It's like the line at the Apple Store at 5:59PM last Friday. Get 'em while they're hot!

Honestly, the guy would have a much better chance of selling any popular effect that ISN'T a clone of a presently-made pedal, or an original effect with sound clips to support it.

• Members

Like what, for example? Name another cloned boutique pedal that's in current construction.

Well not so much boutique but regardless credit/money is lost to companies like ibanez (ts808), ehx (big muff/lpb),MXR/dunlop (fuzz face,phase 90) and many others.

Not an argument or any ill intention in any way but im just curious as to why the taboo's there

• Members

Name the person behind Ibanez? Boss? Any of the big corporate pedal manufacturers?

Boutique makers are people. Individuals who exist in real life and create their own original (and some, not so original) designs, and have small companies that they built from scratch, usually in their homes.

The difference between large corporate manufacturers and small boutique makers is quite evident to everyone else here.

I'm available via email if you care to discuss it:

emailimage.jpg

See if you can contact Ibanez about how they feel.

It comes down to one simple fact... If a maker does not complain about clones, they probably don't care. I care. You would too, if you were me.

• Members

Like what, for example? Name another cloned boutique pedal that's in current construction.

i've seen clones of several Fulltone pedals (definately remember seeing Fulldrive, Supa-trem and Fat Boost copies) on the German ebay site.

oh, and i hate to be the one to tell you, but he's selling another pedal too - called 'Fuzz Machine'... 3 guesses what that's supposed to be.

• Members

Another reason Z should care is if the pedal sucks. Then the buyer and anyone that plays it has this thought that the BOR sucks when really they have never played one. I have a ZVex clone (SHO) right now but I also have had the real deal twice and they are close but not the same.

• Members

{censored} knows but don`t blame the Brits! You sent the geezer an email yet?

I love the Brits! I am a half Brit! Wait, that didn't come out the way I hoped.

I'm not worried about him. Two things are happening with his auctions... 1] Nobody trusts him because he has no history, and he is offering no guarantee of any kind. 2] My pedals are readily available through eBay, so why would anyone want a fake when they can buy the real thing? Oh wait, three things. 3] If his pedals sell for nothing, then he's not in business, and he'll self-destruct. I mean, basically, like I said before, if you want to make a new, interesting pedal (and how much effort does that take when you're making them one at a time?), you can make all kinds of money from people all over the world looking for a new sound. That's where the business is. Not in cloning something that's readily available. He's a wanker.

• Members

yep you said it right buddy...wanker indeed...(that must be the half Brit in you!)

For what its worth Ive got a Box of Rock and I love it!...I admit, I almost traded it a while back but then tried it through a better amp and it sounds incredible!...fallen for it big time! :D

• Members

look at the inside of his fuzz factory clone

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fuzz-Machine-Factory-Clone-y-Fulltone-Keeley-Dallas_W0QQitemZ170127241928QQihZ007QQcategoryZ46667QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

good worksmanship, I think this may be a qualified builder.

Who cares if he's a small time maker in germany? there's no reason to be prejudiced

• Members

look at the inside of his fuzz factory clone

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fuzz-Machine-Factory-Clone-y-Fulltone-Keeley-Dallas_W0QQitemZ170127241928QQihZ007QQcategoryZ46667QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

good worksmanship, I think this may be a qualified builder.

Who cares if he's a small time maker in germany? there's no reason to be prejudiced

yeah that is a good build, even if he's a wanker :D

Archived