What's your favorite Pedal?

guit30

• Members

This isn't that sexy, but if I had to get rid of everything, I'd keep my Rat. I don't know what version of it it is, but I've had it for maybe 5 years (bought it new) and it's the only thing that I use with any consistency and it never lets me down.

I've currently got maybe 12 pedals here and there (delays, chorus, a couple of wahs, loopers, phasers, etc. and I've been through so many that I can't begin to name them) - When I just want to play, I'll lug my Fender DRRI into the bedroom with nothing but the Rat in front of my Tele, JM, whatever - It's simple and through the DRRI just sounds great.

Cool engineering - great sound.

• Members

The EHX Flanger Hoax is already a classic in my mind, but I believe that someday it will be given the reverence that is given to the Bi-Phase. A lot of folks didn't put in enough time to penetrate the labyrinth and sold it off too early. Pity. I hope this doesn't stop EHX from creating more of these crazy-genius-tweakable analog boxes. What other analog box for less than $200 comes with unique variations of chorus, phaser, flange, tremelo, vibrato, auto-wah, self-oscillation, etc?

Archived