Predicting recent FX w/ Legendary Status

• Members
what about Boss pedals, will any of the current line up (if discontinued) become sought after like some of the older Boss pedals?

I think if production EVER (:confused:) stops on the BD-2 or SD-1 it will go up...wait, on second thought, there are so many of these things floating around, that will probably never happen.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
DOD grunge, seriously when all the people from that generation are in their mid 40-50s, will pay top dollar for that pedal.

Captain Coconut, it will fetch 4x the actual prices of Way Huge/Lovetones

Wow, where to start?

Why would someone after the "grunge sound" (whatever the hell that is..more on that in a minute) buy a pedal made to emulate the "sound" after the fact? Wouldn't they be more apt to buy the gear that said "grunge" artists actually used?

Also, what is "that generation"? I assume you mean mine (I'm 31), and from what I remember, there were a lot of different bands with completely different sounds/vibes that got lumped together in that particular bit of media manipulation. Some suckers bought it, unfortunately, but Helen Keller would be able to tell, for example, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and Nirvana weren't similar bands, at all. Which of those does the "grunge" pedal supposedly emulate?:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

While it's nice to sometimes think about what may accrue in value as an anomaly, the truth of the matter is that there's alot of luck and other circumstances (more well known players playing something), so it's just best to play what you really like. The feeling is more satisfying knowing that you were ahead of the curve, rather than reacting to the curve. There's plenty of great gear that's obscure and not desired by collectors, and to me, that's the best reason to play it, because you can usually get things for a pretty good deal instead of paying for what is essentially brand name markup.

One person had proposed the question: "what are people throwing out? Find out and buy lots of it and hang onto it". Of course, you run the risk of having alot of valueless stuff around and it's a gamble, but I know that around here, Garnet amps, people threw 'em out when they'd need fixing, and now they're getting ridiculous to find, and when someone's selling it, it's never for the deal that was once to be had. A used equipment store owner told me "I used to have a store full of 'em....couldn't give them away. Now everyone's hanging onto them".

• Members

Penny Pedals Fingerprint - One of the best musical fuzzes out there IMO. Can do the range of low grit to the wall of sound. Zipper, lofi, velcro, thick and heavy and sound musical. I screwed up and flipped 2 and now all I want is it back on my board.- the builder is MIA.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

it's IMPOSSIBLE to say.

the classics are classic because there were a LOT less effects boxes being made back then.

these days, we have HUNDREDS of manufacturers and builders making THOUSANDS of models :eek::eek::eek:

obviously the KLON is gonna be one

original hammond box Fulltone stuff like the original Fulldrive #1 and '69 pedal are already classics.

the original 2-3 years of Zvez Fuzz Factory models, ESPECIALLY the "spam can" transistor models will always be classics.

but the rest? really really hard to say.....

Archived