Predicting recent FX w/ Legendary Status

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anything that sells badly currently will be sought after as soon as production stops.

Exactly...to find the next "great" pedal go to a few pawn shops and see what you can get for $20 because if they stop production after a bit and everyone knows they are worthless, the next cobain will come along buy one cause that is all he can afford and write a few hits with it making its value and 'tone' skyrocket.

ex. dod gonkulator - GC had a blow out with these things for $20, then that guy from incubus gets popular and now they fetch a pretty good price.

• Members

Exactly...to find the next "great" pedal go to a few pawn shops and see what you can get for $20 because if they stop production after a bit and everyone knows they are worthless, the next cobain will come along buy one cause that is all he can afford and write a few hits with it making its value and 'tone' skyrocket.

ex. dod gonkulator - GC had a blow out with these things for $20, then that guy from incubus gets popular and now they fetch a pretty good price.

I wish I still had my DOD Punkifier, man that was fun:cry:

• Members
I wish I still had my DOD Punkifier, man that was fun:cry:

i regret destroying my 2 gonkulators, just because of what they fetch nowadays, but i was kinda fun seeing what you could do to a pedal and still get a sound out of it...although with that pedal it wasn't always easy to tell if it was actually broken or somehow improved :D

• Members
Didn't someone in the FX forum recently purchase the entire Moog line in one buy?

Yes... a member here did. I think he/she will be happy with the potential of that score.

I would agree on the Moogs. Look at what thay are going for on the used market now. 20 years after production stops, I think the Moogers will be highly saught after.

:)

• Members
DOD grunge, seriously when all the people from that generation are in their mid 40-50s, will pay top dollar for that pedal.

Captain Coconut, it will fetch 4x the actual prices of Way Huge/Lovetones

God I hate that pedal, no control, sounds nothing like grunge, cuts through a band mix like a blunt pocketknife, utter {censored}e.:mad:

• Members

Anything that sells badly currently will be sought after as soon as production stops.

Very true!! I heard that in the 70's, you couldn't GIVE away a Big Muff. I knew someone who threw away three of them because everyone back then thought they sounded like crap.

Then David Gilmour used one during the last few years of Pink Floyd, and much later, Billy Corgan used them with the Smashing Pumpkins. Now, the Big Muff skyrocketed in popularity, and the first few versions of the Big Muff fetch over $500.

Archived