my bloody valentine

angus_old

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

what the {censored} is going on in this thread

MBV rox, but I only have loveless and glider. I think i've just been too lazy to download anything else.

What should i get?

{censored}, this is the effects forum.

Kevin Shields only used a tremolo pedal and distortion. He just stood between the amps and played reallll {censored}in' louddddd...

And of course his strumming technique that pulled on the vibrato.

• Members

hey Melx

I saw Swervedriver open for Smashing Pumpkins here in Orlando in.... 1994?

Cool stuff.

wow...that sounds a great gig, I saw them 3 times here in the UK between 91 and 93... they just didn't play enough, then they vanished to the US and were never seen again:lol:

they were so under appreciated, quite sad really.:cry:

• Members

MBV rox, but I only have loveless and glider. I think i've just been too lazy to download anything else.

What should i get?

The Tremelo E.P. is f*cking brilliant. "Honey Power" is one of the best songs to ever use a whammy. Also, the guitar instrumentals in between all 4 songs are some of the best that Shields ever recorded, and different from the ones on Loveless.

Isn't Anything isn't as glossy as Loveless, but it's still a great album with some rocking tunes.

• Members

The Tremelo E.P. is f*cking brilliant. "Honey Power" is one of the best songs to ever use a whammy. Also, the guitar instrumentals in between all 4 songs are some of the best that Shields ever recorded, and different from the ones on Loveless.

Isn't Anything isn't as glossy as Loveless, but it's still a great album with some rocking tunes.

+1 for temelo EP.....first thing I ever heard by them:thu:

• Members

wow...that sounds a great gig, I saw them 3 times here in the UK between 91 and 93... they just didn't play enough, then they vanished to the US and were never seen again:lol:

they were so under appreciated, quite sad really.
:cry:

What do you guys think is the best Swervedriver album, and why?

• Members

What do you guys think is the best Swervedriver album, and why?

'Mezcal Head'....followed closely by 'Raise'

because......they are the classic Swervies albums, the others are a bit 'hit and miss' in my opinion, some excellent stuff on the later ones, but they are just not as amazing.

Mezcal is totally amazing!

I challenge any pedalhead to listen to sci-flyer (first track on raise) at good volume and not think 'holy {censored} this is great'

• Members

I was playing Final Fantasy VII (I'm a huge nerd) and I never noticed this before until this time around:

lovelesstw3.jpg

It's right before you meet Aeris for the 1st time, the camera starts up there and pans down.

I think that's pretty cool.

• Members

I challenge any pedalhead to listen to sci-flyer (first track on raise) at good volume and not think 'holy {censored} this is great'

Above the apes, below the angels... :thu:

I mentioned this in another thread somewhere - I saw them perform at the Cabaret Metro in Chicago in '93, and they ended the show with "Duress." That was one of the most memorable live music experiences of my life. The bass was so deep it rattled me. "Deep Seat" is another favorite :cool: After listening to Daydream Nation, it isn't hard to see the influence on the Raise material. Amazing album though. One of the best of '91.

• Members

Above the apes, below the angels...
:thu:

I mentioned this in another thread somewhere - I saw them perform at the Cabaret Metro in Chicago in '93, and they ended the show with "Duress." That was one of the most memorable live music experiences of my life. The bass was so deep it rattled me. "Deep Seat" is another favorite
:cool:
After listening to Daydream Nation, it isn't hard to see the influence on the Raise material. Amazing album though. One of the best of '91.

man, I miss them.....nothing quite like them since.

Archived