Why should I not get a POG?

johnrambo

• Members

As much as I want one its hard to spend over 300 bucks , unless your gigging and making money its a very expensive hobby , I mean guitars for a grand most amps 1500 , then all the toys and gadgets we all love are expensive as {censored} ,

I love gear but after awhile you have to be selective or be broke LOL .

Im gassing for the POG too but im going to wait for the micro POG :thu:

• Members

i felt the same way and now i'm having mixed feeling after getting the pedal - on the one hand, it sounds great and is really fun to play with, but on the other, i'm having trouble finding a use for it in a band context. it's hard to use and not fill up too much space when you're playing with others

• Members

From the pics of the micro, it only has controls for suboctave and an octave up, which really makes it limited in comparison to what can be done with a regular Pog. If you've been gassing for a Pog, and you pick up a micro, I personally don't think it will be as satisfying.

If $$ is the issue, there is a guy on ebay selling them for like $260 buy it now. That's how I got mine, even after shipping, it's cheaper than retail (and it was brand new).

However, if you really want me to talk you out of it, the Pog is one of those effects that you really have to limit your usage. If you use it too much, it's gonna lose it's novelty. It's not like a dirt pedal that you might use for every song. Spending upwards of $300 bucks for an effect that you might use for one or two songs might be a bit much.

• Members

er I have a POG, and well it has this really weird "muffled" sound to it, when ever I turn it on, I feel like someone put a few blankets over my speakers.

It might be something I am doing wrong, I just use it for the organ sound, which is great sounding! And it is a really neat pedal!

• Members

if you have the money and you really want it, i say go for it.

if you dont think you are gonna use it alot, id say pass. i bought a pedal a while ago cuz i really wanted it, and i didnt use it enough. i ended up selling it cuz i felt dumb having it and not using it. it was a boss ps-5.

wish i still had it though. needed the money though. eh. whatever.

• Members

1. Because the micro pog is cheaper smaller and
can get organ sounds

How? The micro only has controls for dry signal, suboctave, and octave up. Without the two detune controls and lp filter control I don't see how it could. You know something I don't or what am I missing?

• Members

How? The micro only has controls for dry signal, suboctave, and octave up. Without the two detune controls and lp filter control I don't see how it could. You know something I don't or what am I missing?

It is one of the threads about the new EHX pedals. . . Graphicfuzz who apparently works for EHX said it can "absolutely achieve organ tones"

• Members

actually i thought it over today and i think i'm going to pass for now. it's more money than i want to spend not knowing how much use i'll get out of it. i'm better off saving the money for when my GAS turns away from pedals and back to a new guitar or amp.

• Members

try it out first at your local store. also think hard if you are going to use the sounds in your band or home or whatever. if you gonna get it just cuz it sounds fun, but then after a couple weeks it'll start collecting dust in your closet, then well...

Archived