TC Nova Delay is here!

Upgrade

• Members

Mike,
Thanks for stopping in.
Over at www.thegearpage.com/board we have been comparing the TimeFactor and the Nova.
A few of us had this "quirk" where the delay time starting increasing/decreasing without us moving the Delay knob. Not sure on the others, but after a few seconds mine stopped. And it stopped at a number, not at 0, or 2290. I'm just guessing this was the delay time trying to "catch-up" to the setting I put it to on the delay knob?

Other than that info, WOW, I love this thing. That's a cool setting for the Modulation as well, with D-Time set to zero.

Do you have any idea if the Nova can be powered with a Godlyke Pump set on 12V (though I must say it is a nice, small, LIGHT adapter my Nova came with)?

The entire package, from the different views on the box, to the sealed, bag, to the well crafted instructions (I think I only saw one typo) just SCREAMS professionalism!
Perfect size, nice stomp switches, etc.

You all should be proud! :D

• Members

I find it annoying they blatantly left out a looper feature

Yeah, but looping is only a gimic on most delays anyway. For decent in time loops most people use a dedicated looping pedal. If you set it up right, you can loop with any long delay anyway.

I've ordered one, sold my DD-20. Cant wait.

• Members

It is certainly looks good, but I'd like to know how it stands up after a few gigs. It looks like a handle-with-care pedal--not that you'd be intentionally rough with it.

Does it feel like a good solid pedal?

I guess it doesn't matter, because you're getting a TC delay in an effect pedal. If you break it...buy another!

• Members
The entire package, from the different views on the box, to the sealed, bag, to the well crafted instructions (I think I only saw one typo) just SCREAMS professionalism!

Perfect size, nice stomp switches, etc.

You all should be proud!
:D

Yes we are. Thanks! :thu:

Mike Martin
TC|US

• Members

Yeah, but looping is only a gimic on most delays anyway. For decent in time loops most people use a dedicated looping pedal. If you set it up right, you can loop with any long delay anyway.

I've ordered one, sold my DD-20. Cant wait.

uh... no. not when you're recording tons of overdubs and/or triggering samples. lots of people use the dl4 for this.

• Members

I am glad the looper is not a feature. I don't think adding a 100 bucks for a looper is worth it. You make a good point that the DL4 is used a lot for it's looper, but it's not like you can switch the two. I rather have a separate looper like RC-50 or Headrush. Too many features scare me away. The Eventide looks like a monster, so did the echolution, but both had insane prices for one or two sounds I might use. Everyone uses delay different but a guy like me that plays at church, cover bands, and indie music... it's a bit much.

I don't know if the Nova will be as good as it seems. I sold my DL4 for a DD20. Made some money off it and thought I was getting a better deal but I actually was happier with the DL4 sound. The function of the DD20 is better and it also was built like a tank in comparison to the DL4. But the DL4 has some good sounds I missed. The Nova seems to be the answer for both pedals and goes beyond. I am crossing my fingers when I get it, it will meet my expectations. Funny thing is it's in the same price range as the DL4. Again, looper has never been the selling point for delay pedals. I think you can do more in getting them separately.

• Members

uh... no. not when you're recording tons of overdubs and/or triggering samples. lots of people use the dl4 for this.

I didn't mean LOOPING was a gimic, looping is awesome and I am a fan of those who can pull it off. I'm saying that the looping functions on a lot of delay pedals are really average. I.E. the DD-20, Digidelay, Boss DD-6. The line 6 was obviously the best delay at looping. I'm glad that the Nova doesnt have a looping feature, because I would only use it for practice, and it would add more cost to the pedal.

You can record loops on almost any tap tempo delay with delay spillover like so:

1. Set the tempo to as long as possible, using the knob.

2. Set repeats to infinate.

3. Hit the Tap Tempo once to start recording.

4. Hit the Tap Tempo a second time to stop recording.

5. Turn the delay off.

You can't overdub or anything, but it's good enough to record a rythmn part to practice soloing over.

• Members
And how is it better than the DD20? Can you describe how the delayed sound is different?

the delayed sound blends with the dry sound better. When you switch back to the DD20 after playing a while on the Nova it feels like it has less Mojo- the Nova is just better, IMHO. I'm sure that after more playing time I will give a clearer comparison. Right now the Nova is just kicking my DD-20's butt.

Archived