TC Nova Delay is here!

Upgrade

• Members

So far I'm really impressed. Sounds soooo much better than my DD20.

Love the bright red display- knobs and swtches work great-:thu::thu: feels like a quality piece. Sounds lovely- reminds me quite a bit of my 2290. More later. . . :thu:

• Members

Made very well in Taiwan. Doesn't seem to have the slight tone suck I had with my DD20. Feels like pro gear. The super bright display and tempo light are perfect. Very cool- looks like a baby 2290 in darkness. The Nova sounds gorgeous. The double delay modes are great too.The modulation is very atmospheric. The color knob goes from Tape to Digital and even on full tape setting it's not as tape emulated as the DD20 or Echo Park. It's more analog delay dark but to me much more usable. I never really liked digital tape delay emulation compared to a real tape delay like the Fulltone TTE. The Nova is just a fantastic sounding digital delay pedal- much in the way the TC 2290 is perhaps the best studio DDL. I love this delay!!! So intuitive to use- my digital delay search is over- for now. At $220 this thing ROCKS. Can't wait to try the Reverb.

• Members

Made very well in Taiwan. Doesn't seem to have the slight tone suck I had with my DD20. Feels like pro gear. The super bright display and tempo light are perfect. Very cool- looks like a baby 2290 in darkness. The Nova sounds gorgeous. The double delay modes are great too.The modulation is very atmospheric. The color knob goes from Tape to Digital and even on full tape setting it's not as tape emulated as the DD20 or Echo Park. It's more analog delay dark but to me much more usable. I never really liked digital tape delay emulation compared to a real tape delay like the Fulltone TTE. The Nova is just a fantastic sounding digital delay pedal- much in the way the TC 2290 is perhaps the best studio DDL. I love this delay!!! So intuitive to use- my digital delay search is over- for now. At $220 this thing ROCKS. Can't wait to try the Reverb.

I'm impressed! Taiwanese-made products have a significantly better record of reliability and construction quality than those made in China, and Taiwanese manfuacturing is significantly more expensive.

I was shocked to find out yesterday that the $400 Eventide Timefactor is made in China.

• Members
Nice of you to be looking out for me.
:wave:

To which of my various twisted sensibilities would you most expect the Nova delay to appeal?
:D

Well since you seem to appreciate a great delay at a fair price as much as I do (Arion SAD-1 for example) I find the Nova to be exceptional and I have tried the Time Factor.

• Members
Well since you seem to appreciate a great delay at a fair price as much as I do (Arion SAD-1 for example) I find the Nova to be exceptional and I have tried the Time Factor.

That makes me sound so smart! :thu:

So where did you get yours? PM if you want.

• Members

Very interesting and tempting. Few questions:

1. 3 presets?
2. Is the flange just sort of an extreme amount of the mod setting?
3. Have you used the DL-4 at all? How would you compare this?
4. How would you compare the "tape" and "analog" simulations to the DL-4 and or the Danelectro DanEcho?

You said you don't think this sounds as "emulated," as the Echopark and DD-20. Does this mean since it sounds less like a tape it doesn't sound right? or it sounds less fake? I guess just please tell me more.

I've been becoming disillusioned with my DL-4. I know this would take away the looping option (which I'd miss a tiny bit) but I see it as cost comprable plus giving me some nice additional pedal board real-estate.

Thanks

Ian

• Members

Very interesting and tempting. Few questions:

1. 3 presets?

2. Is the flange just sort of an extreme amount of the mod setting?

3. Have you used the DL-4 at all? How would you compare this?

4. How would you compare the "tape" and "analog" simulations to the DL-4 and or the Danelectro DanEcho?

You said you don't think this sounds as "emulated," as the Echopark and DD-20. Does this mean since it sounds less like a tape it doesn't sound right? or it sounds less fake? I guess just please tell me more.

I've been becoming disillusioned with my DL-4. I know this would take away the looping option (which I'd miss a tiny bit) but I see it as cost comprable plus giving me some nice additional pedal board real-estate.

Thanks

Ian

Ian,

I'll answer the questions that don't ask for an opinion, since I work for TC.

1. The Nova Delay has 9 presets plus manual mode. You can limit the preset section to 3 presets if for live use; if you don't want to go through all 9. The fastest way to scroll through presets is the press the TAP Tempo button once, then the On/Off switch will go through presets 1-9.

2. There are three modulation types accessible via the "MOD Style" button. The knob at the top controls the amount of modulation which can be stored in your presets. With delay time set to zero you'll simply get the modulation. Otherwise with a delay time set you'll hear the modulation on the delay lines.

Mike Martin

TC|US

• Members

Ian, I'm the National Sales Manager for MI & Recording Products. TC's US headquarters is actually out in California, I work remotely from here. I have both Nova Pedals here I'm sure I could meet you at one of the local stores to check them out if you want. Send me a PM.

Archived