Are Strats For Sissy's??

KjStrat62

• Members
:eek:
I just realized you have more than 2000 posts since... July
:eek:
:idea:man stop posting so much and buy some records
:wave:

What the {censored} are you talking about? I post a little bit through the day in the fx forum and when it was night time i would spam the hell outta TOJ. Not hard to get a post count that high if you do it every night due to lack of school.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I used to not like fender guitars mostly because before I became one myself, the guitarists in my bands were horrible. They left a bitter taste on the instrument....

However, when looking for my first electric guitar after four years playing on a classical, the only one that felt right was my stratocaster named "Elise", she's gorgeous switching the pickups at the 2 & 4 position matches any humbucker sound I've come across with more life.

Strats aren't for everyone, Just the best
;)

you sound like you have a raspy voice and might have been smoking for 30 years.

• Members

Not what I meant. You hear people raving about stooges songs all the time and this album in particular, but i don't even know any of the songs off the album.

Yeah, I should like the same albums as the bands I listen to. It's a stooge's album, it's {censored}ing weak compared to Raw Power. I don't care about how this album has such a following. I'm going to give it a THIRD listen, just for you guys.

That song sucks, the record company was stupid.

What the {censored} are you talking about? I post a little bit through the day in the fx forum and when it was night time i would spam the hell outta TOJ. Not hard to get a post count that high if you do it every night due to lack of school.

Well I'm definitely not going to hate on you for liking Raw Power more, just thought some of your points were kind of obnoxious and misinformed.

But yeah, they're completely different albums. Fun House is exactly what the cover depicts; Iggy Pop is getting burned or maimed or murdered or all three by a gigantic wave of hell. And it's great. Especially when the sax kicks in. The production quality on the album, also, much unlike Raw Power, has inspired generations of music since. But it's really raw and chaotic, which is ironic, because "Raw" Power is way too conventional and overplayed(for me, at least)

Also it's not even funny how much you would completely hate the Down On The Street single version the record company made them do(it has a {censored}ing Doors ripoff keyboard solo)

• Members

Well I'm definitely not going to hate on you for liking Raw Power more, just thought some of your points were kind of obnoxious and misinformed.

But yeah, they're completely different albums. Fun House is exactly what the cover depicts; Iggy Pop is getting burned or maimed or murdered or all three by a gigantic wave of hell. And it's great. Especially when the sax kicks in. The production quality on the album, also, much unlike Raw Power, has inspired generations of music since. But it's really raw and chaotic, which is ironic, because "Raw" Power is way too conventional and overplayed(for me, at least)

Also it's not even funny how much you would completely hate the Down On The Street single version the record company made them do(it has a {censored}ing Doors ripoff keyboard solo)

yeah i listened to it all the way through since i last posted. i didnt listen to down on the street. i skipped it. LA Blues, Loose, and Dirt were the only songs that stood out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
No I think you have to be a bad ass to make a Strat sound good ,

In the hands of a lesser player a strat will sound weak cause of the single coil vs the humbuckers.

Now mind you Im not a strat player , Ive owned two , sold both , I have a few strat shape axes , ESP KH-2 and a LTD Wilton.

That said look at the monsters that play strats

Hendrix, Trower , Yngwie , Blackmore , SRV, Gary Moore , Iron Maiden

To name a few.

I think Strats are hard to play in the hands of lesser players. I sold mine because I prefer LPs and Humbuckers.
:thu:

Praise god. I thought I was the only one. I have tried to play strats with NO luck. My LP Elitist (Epi) just plays and sounds like butter along with my Semi-hollowbody guitars but every strat I play live sounds like a baby mouse.

• Members

I love my Gibson LPs --- but this John English designed beauty -- well what can I say --- it is the first strat I had in along time that is really fun to play -- even for an an absolute LP addict like myself.

Pickups have a lot to do with it as well -- this one has Kinmans with the blend pot. It also has a 59 style neck.

JEfront.jpg

• Members

Its easy to pick up a strat and start playing whatever you want; Leo was a genius in the 50's for thinking that a guitar had to have some sort of ergonomics to it to be comfortable to play with hands and flesh (and your back).

For the Les Paul-

Public- "We can't reach the high notes on this thing, what do we do"?

Gibson- WOMP! (cuts out a half-circular piece) :poke:

Public- "...Okay, wtf, this thing is still clumsy as hell to play..."

Gibson- "Eh, we'll just put some of these new humbuckers on here and it'll be awesome."

Archived