Just bought the EH HOLY STAIN!!!!!!!!!

C Fuzz

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:shrug:

I haven't got the e-mail from Macdaddy saying they are in.

DUDES - FYI, these aren't in yet. It's possible a dealer has them in stock right now, but not likely. We've had an order in for these since early August and haven't received our order in yet. The last info I got from EHX was that the Holy Stain will be available "mid-October."

Also, for those who aren't sure the street price is $98 (unless you get the Macdaddy Music HC forumite discount :thu:). Drop me a PM if you're interested.

• Members
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Electro-Harmonix-HOLY-STAIN-pedal-fuzz-reverb-more_W0QQitemZ190159409643QQihZ009QQcategoryZ41419QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm surprised no one's picked this up yet, although the disclaimers in the description seem a bit fishy.

yeah......'item sold as is' doesn't inspire confidence does it?

"item is in full working order" would be better!! :)

• Members

Well I got it yesterday and that listing from the "sketchy" seller was mine! I played it for about 2 minutes, took a pic and listed it for a few bucks cheaper, my loss, I need cash bad right now. I don't appreciate the negative comments about me. I have sold tons of pedals without problem. Mathero who is a forumite recently bought an E13 Neverdrive from me for $50 BIN, I paid $115 for it but didn't like it sold I sold it cheap to give someone else a deal. I try to be nice like that. As Far as "seller not responsable for items lost in the mail" that is to protect ME.

• Members

No one was attacking you personally. Anytime a seller puts up a bunch of disclaimers about "sold AS IS" or "not responsible if lost" etc it adds up to look pretty sketchy.

Turns out I'm not ordering one from online guitar... they charge sales tax. I refuse to pay sales tax on internet stuff.

• Members

I thought it was pretty unfair for them to call you "shady"

that stuff is to protect you and I fully understand.

You played it for 2 minutes man? How could you decide to sell a pedal after playing it for 2 minutes? And even if you decided to sell it, you only played it for 2 minutes?

Well what did you think in those 2 minutes? What's the fuzz like, how's the tremolo, and how does the pitch shift work?

• Members

Well I got it yesterday and that listing from the "sketchy" seller was mine! I played it for about 2 minutes, took a pic and listed it for a few bucks cheaper, my loss, I need cash bad right now. I don't appreciate the negative comments about me. I have sold tons of pedals without problem. Mathero who is a forumite recently bought an E13 Neverdrive from me for $50 BIN, I paid $115 for it but didn't like it sold I sold it cheap to give someone else a deal. I try to be nice like that. As Far as "seller not responsable for items lost in the mail" that is to protect ME.

hahaha, sorry dude!!!

I think it's because in ebay uk rules at least, the seller is responsable for the item until it has been signed for by the buyer when he gets it, they recommend sending insured post and if it doesn't get there you refund the buyer and claim the money back. I don't know if the rules are different there?

I've never had anything go missing and to suggest that it might not get there in the listing is a little off putting to some buyers. I'm not having a go, but maybe a slightly different wording might be better...just trying to help you get the most bids in the future:thu:

• Members
I thought it was pretty unfair for them to call you "shady"

that stuff is to protect you and I fully understand.

You played it for 2 minutes man? How could you decide to sell a pedal after playing it for 2 minutes? And even if you decided to sell it, you only played it for 2 minutes?

Well what did you think in those 2 minutes? What's the fuzz like, how's the tremolo, and how does the pitch shift work?

Well I actually played for more like 20 minutes.:) I had decided to sell it before I even got it, that same day I bought a new amp on lunch break so I knew I would sell this to help pay for the amp. Anyway, the drive and fuzz are really really nice!!! The 2 reverbs are so sweet when playing clean, but are really harsh with dirt. The tremolo I didn't like at all, it was cover in reverb, and does not get choppy, just a volume increase and decrease. The pitch shift is useless, but to be fair I didnt spend any time with it really. And it only goes up a 3rd and down a 4th or something, might be better with an expression pedal, but I don't own one. I did'nt like the setup... you can't use the dirt then kick on one of the effects like I thought. The dirt is either on or off and the left switch is for one of the 4 effects that are always on, and you have to completely change knobs with each effect. No good for live, maybe for studio use?

• Members
Well I got it yesterday and that listing from the "sketchy" seller was mine! ... I don't appreciate the negative comments about me. I have sold tons of pedals without problem. Mathero who is a forumite recently bought an E13 Neverdrive from me for $50 BIN, I paid $115 for it but didn't like it sold I sold it cheap to give someone else a deal. I try to be nice like that. As Far as "seller not responsable for items lost in the mail" that is to protect ME.

Sorry. If we'd known it was you, we wouldn't have doubted the integrity. :)

Archived