Just bought the EH HOLY STAIN!!!!!!!!!

C Fuzz

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well I actually played for more like 20 minutes.
:)
I had decided to sell it before I even got it, that same day I bought a new amp on lunch break so I knew I would sell this to help pay for the amp. Anyway, the drive and fuzz are really really nice!!! The 2 reverbs are so sweet when playing clean, but are really harsh with dirt. The tremolo I didn't like at all, it was cover in reverb, and does not get choppy, just a volume increase and decrease. The pitch shift is useless, but to be fair I didnt spend any time with it really. And it only goes up a 3rd and down a 4th or something, might be better with an expression pedal, but I don't own one. I did'nt like the setup... you can't use the dirt then kick on one of the effects like I thought. The dirt is either on or off and the left switch is for one of the 4 effects that are always on, and you have to completely change knobs with each effect. No good for live, maybe for studio use?

What does the pitch shift sound like? Is it like the puretube videos? Like

• Members

This is what the manual says..

When in pitch shift mode use the blend knob straight up to hear just the direct signal. Turning it to the right blends the higher note and to the left the lower note. example... play a c note -all the way to the right is up a 3rd so it would be an e note, all the way to the left just the g note (down 4th) is heard.

I mailed it out today so that is from memory, but that is the jist of it. I guess the exp. pedal would control the blend knob. Like I said the Drive and Fuzz are fantastic on this pedal.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I returned it and got a Jeckyll and Hyde...I liked it but realized it was pretty redundant to what I already have...it wouldn't make it on my gigging board and the J&H will...besides, my friend is gonna get one i could mess with if I wanted to. The shortest I've ever had a pedal.

Archived