wanna hear your boards...not just look at 'em...

jondale

• Members

lets get some soundbites going!!!

I'm sick of looking at boards that sometimes ain't even hooked up

I really want to hear some clips because its a lonely world out there when you are the only person in your street/town/village/country with a board the size of yours, and it's all about trial and error anyway.We could all learn a lot more by listening instead of reading.

let me kick things off:

and

for acoustics

• Members

Lol I like your son at the end ..."noice"

I'll try to do something later on, have to find some recording method

Yeah, he's cool. Loves pedals. he's 2. And a mean wah player.He was shouting "noisy" but got cut off!!!!

• Members

well, pretty disapointed with the number of responses so far.....Or am I the only one who puts together soundbites of my board on my laptop to help asses dynamics and switching volumes????:poke:

I'd love to hear and see some clips from people who use similar techniques regarding cascading gain pedals, the options seem limitless. I'm sick of single pedal demos from manufacturers and on-line shops. it's the combinations that are sweet, that is - after all what most of us do with pedals - combine them.

Anyone got any tricks that NO multi effect can do????

Now that would be cool.

• Members

I'll post what I've got so far: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=750566

SMMH = Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai

FH = Flanger Hoax

I really want to hear some clips because its a lonely world out there when you are the only person in your street/town/village/country with a board the size of yours, and it's all about trial and error anyway.We could all learn a lot more by listening instead of reading.

let me kick things off:

and
for acoustics

Great video BTW! Nice playing, and cool striped socks.

• Members

let me kick things off:

and
for acoustics

i'm curious, was the comp all the time on?

• Members

i'm curious, was the comp all the time on?

I usually leave the comp on all the time unless for obvious reasons it has to be off (can't quite think of any at the moment though!)

The ED1 is a pretty organic comp, despite being a mass produced one.

• Members

The Marshall Drive Master! I used to have all of the original Marshall distortion and OD pedals, the Drive Master was, by far, my favorite. I used to use an old Ibanez Tube King and the Drive Master, I should have just held onto everything even though I had one of those 3-drawer organizers filled with pedals and cables that I didn't use.

I have no way of recording a video, but I have to record a few clips of my amp and my modded ADA MP1 for a few guys on other forums. My pedalboard is much smaller than it's ever been, I'll try and post some clips though.

Digitech Whammy - > Morley Bad Horsie II -> Dunlop 535Q - > MXR Phase 90 -> DOD YJM308 OD -> *still waiting on my Green Screamer from BBE* -> Boss DS-1

I have a few other pedals, but rarely use them.

• Members

The Marshall Drive Master! I used to have all of the original Marshall distortion and OD pedals, the Drive Master was, by far, my favorite. I used to use an old Ibanez Tube King and the Drive Master, I should have just held onto everything even though I had one of those 3-drawer organizers filled with pedals and cables that I didn't use.

+1 on the Drive Master. A great pedal. :thu:

• Members

I usually leave the comp on all the time unless for obvious reasons it has to be off (can't quite think of any at the moment though!)

The ED1 is a pretty organic comp, despite being a mass produced one.

so the comp has a lot todo with the singing and sustaining tone, right?

i never used a comp myself, and i know how they work but never have known what they could do...

most compressor demos show only country picking sounds, for what i have no need :)

Archived