So I'm now listening to The Wall for the first time...

Roadstar II

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
The Wall is a great album IMHO.

Floyd fans, be sure to check out this month's issue of EQ magazine - there's a great cover story on early Floyd - covering the 40th anniversary of Piper At The Gates Of Dawn...
:wave:

40 years! wow!

I love the Floyd! I was born after their time basically, but i was fortunate enough to see Roger Waters live:thu: brilliant show

• Members

Finally got through it. Had to take a break part of the way through. Overall, my take on it is: the real songs are great and were very enjoyable. All the other stuff was boring filler. I really think I need to see the movie or get high and listen to the album again if I'm going to appreciate it. DSOTM had some filler, but there was a musical quality to it.

• Members

I am a huge Floyd fan but never into the Final Cut. Still hast grown on me at all. Except for the solo in the Fletcher Memorial Home.

I love Fletcher and that solo is one of my top favorites of all time, but the rest of the album did nothing for me. To me it's just a really, really bad mix of leftovers from The Wall and some of the bad '80s ideas from Momentary Lapse of Reason.

In fact Wiki even says that some of the songs on MLOR were reject ideas from The Final Cut.. Of course, take Wiki-Fact for what it's worth, but you get my point.

• Members

You guys gotta give the Final Cut another chance, it's a grower. It's not one that you immediately get, but there are some great songs on there, the title track is heartwrenching :cry: and the guitar solo is incredible. Probably Roger Waters most personal set of songs.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/20885-the-final-cut

• Members
You guys gotta give the Final Cut another chance, it's a grower. It's not one that you immediately get, but there are some great songs on there, the title track is heartwrenching
:cry:
and the guitar solo is incredible. Probably Roger Waters most personal set of songs.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/20885-the-final-cut

Roger Waters pink floyd is where its at!

• Members

The Wall isn't a Pink Floyd album, IMO. It's just a Roger Waters solo album with Dave Gilmour, Richard Wright, and Nick Mason as backing musicians and vocalists.

My favorite Pink Floyd album is Meddle. Followed closely by Dark Side. I just think Meddle really showcased their togetherness as a band, with complex vocal harmonies and the most lush, beautiful instrumentation....damn! Now I'm going to have go put on my vinyl copy of it and listen to side 2 (Echoes).

• Members

The Wall isn't a Pink Floyd album, IMO. It's just a Roger Waters solo album with Dave Gilmour, Richard Wright, and Nick Mason as backing musicians and vocalists.

My favorite Pink Floyd album is Meddle. Followed closely by Dark Side. I just think Meddle really showcased their togetherness as a band, with complex vocal harmonies and the most lush, beautiful instrumentation....damn! Now I'm going to have go put on my vinyl copy of it and listen to side 2 (Echoes).

That's pretty much my view on it.

Archived