Is BB King the worst guitarist ever, or just the most overrated?

HMKRich

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does anyone see the humour in a bunch of
white guys
arguing over the merits of BB King?

Do you have some sort of crystal ball or something? A bunch of white guys? Who said anyone here or all here are white? And if they all were what would be the humor in that?

A lot of black artists have been influenced by white music and musicians, B.B. King being one of them. So I don't get your statement, it sounds pretty lame and misinformed.

• Members

Do you have some sort of crystal ball or something? A bunch of white guys? Who said anyone here or all here are white? And if they all were what would be the humor in that?

A lot of black artists have been influenced by white music and musicians, B.B. King being one of them. So I don't get your statement, it sounds pretty lame and misinformed.

Oh really?

I'll bet 85% of the people posting here are white, and I'll only give you the 15% because this is a music forum.

For what it's worth, I can also find humour in your hostility! What gives?

• Members

Where are you getting these percentages from?

"eMarketer estimates that African Americans will make up 11.8% of all US Internet users in 2011, up from 10.8% in 2006."

Google is your friend. Nielsen, and marketing organizations, have demographics out the wazoo.

• Members

For what it's worth, I can also find humour in your hostility! What gives?

Well then you need to break it down as to what you meant by "the humour in a bunch of white guys arguing over the merits of BB King?" for me.

What gives is this, let's say for kicks this was a forum all about country western music, musicians that play country western have been known to be predominately white, yes?

But let's say for the sake of argument that most of that forum members where black. How would this sound in the context of that forum...?

"Does anyone see the humor in a bunch of black guys arguing over the merits of country western music?"

You could change up that scenario to what ever you like but it all comes out sounding the same.

• Members

"eMarketer estimates that African Americans will make up 11.8% of all US Internet users in 2011, up from 10.8% in 2006."

Google is your friend. Nielsen, and marketing organizations, have demographics out the wazoo.

An this forum only exists to citizens of the United States? This site is available to the world wide web. I don't mean to prod you but a simple "hey I'm sorry I came off like that" would be cool and in order.

• Members

We have differing senses of humour. A bunch of black guys disecting country western music is excellent source material for sketch comedy!

Given that scenario I'm sure the whole house would be laughing... (Just ask Rev. Al Sharpton for his opinion)

:rolleyes:

• Members

I still find it amusing.
A bunch of mostly middle class white guys
arguing over the quality of an old school black guitarist's blues. Crazy stuff.

Too funny, you have no to proof of that other than pulling bull{censored} out your racist uneducated ass.

:thu:

:wave::wave::wave:

BTW, the dry cleaner called and told me to tell you your sheets are ready for the cross burning tonight... :lol:

• Members

Too funny, you have no to proof of that other than pulling bull{censored} out your racist uneducated ass.

:thu:

:wave:

BTW, the dry cleaner called and told me to tell you your sheets are ready for the cross burning tonight...
:lol:

Excuse me? That's an awful thing to say!

I'm reasonably well educated and have no racial bias; I've already stated that the situation would be amusing to me in either direction, and I'm basing my comments on the demographic facts.

I think we're done.

• Members

Wait for it .......

Pwnd!!!

BTW, he implied, you inferred.

:poke:

• Members

I'm basing my comments on the demographic facts.

So it's a demographic fact that everyone here on this forum (including yourself of course) is a "A bunch of mostly middle class white guys"?

Oh and let's add that everyone here on this forum lives in the USA?

Boy you must have some edga-ba-ca-tion... :rolleyes:

Archived