The use of Equipment, putting the BS myths to rest

Zachman

• Members
Try this for a good time. Find a song where the guitar plays the intro with a rhythmic delay into a stero set up and send only the delayed signal to the drummers monitor.
:lol:

It, actually, happened to me, some five years ago, at a smaller open air gig. The monitor mix was done by the FOH guy who has put, by mistake, delay on the snare mic and fed the wet signal through the front stage monitors. It all lasted a good couple of minutes, so we all had to run back and stay around the drum riser, for a whole song. The first 10-15 seconds were freaky as hell...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the crackman is on a binge this time, put the pipe down!

How is it, that some guys "get it" (What I intended in this thread), and the "angry boys" don't???

Comprehension is what I've suspected all along, as the only thing that separates the two groups. It seems to me that the "angry boys" have such an attachment to their way of doing things, that they can't even tolerate others discussing alternate methods of running gear.

That, and those who are sport trolling.

• Members

FWIW, very few people in this thread seem to "get it"

your intent with this thread is vague to anyone but yourself.

your combative mentality prevents whatever positive message you might be trying to convey from being easily received.

Your posts have a "this how the pros do it" stink to them that really has no basis in reality and leaves a unpleasant feeling to most people reading them. Of course the thread would get zero attention if you just posted "this is what I use and how I use it" without any of the BS comments you make so maybe you're just trying to keep it afloat by any means nec.

yeah we get it, you like switching systems, and get defensive when 99% of the people reading the thread seem to think a switching system is mostly a waste of money and time for their needs. Why are you trying to change people's minds?

you can discuss your switching systems all you want (which seems to be mainly you C+P ad copy from the company who sells this stuff) but I doubt you'll convince many that this is a viable alternative for most of the people here.

The amp forum would likely be much more receptive. Try starting a thread there maybe.

How is it, that some guys "get it" (What I intended in this thread), and the "angry boys" don't???

Comprehension is what I've suspected all along, as the only thing that separates the two groups. It seems to me that the "angry boys" have such an attachment to their way of doing things, that they can't even tolerate others discussing alternate methods of running gear.

That, and those who are sport trolling.

• Members
Here's the thing: no one really cares about rack gear or switching systems here. Most of us want to talk about pedals.

Yet so many of them chose to click on the respond button and talk.

There were also guys who were interested in understanding ways of running their pedals more efficiently and with options that provided the benefits of MIDI presets. :idk:

• Members
Yet so many of them chose to click on the respond button and talk.

There were also guys who were interested in understanding ways of running their
pedals
more efficiently and with options that provided the benefits of MIDI presets.
:idk:

The click on it because it's a Zachman thread, and they expect a lovely {censored}storm. :)

Most of us don't care about switching systems either. A few, maybe.

• Members

The click on it because it's a Zachman thread, and they expect a lovely {censored}storm.
:)

Most of us don't care about switching systems either. A few, maybe.

I think it's ridiculous to suggest that topics that a few may be interested in, shouldn't be discussed. There are those that may not be interested, so they can exercise some impulse control and pass by the topics that don't interest them. It does seem that those who would click and interact in an offensive manner, are trolls who tend to exhibit an "all form and no substance" contribution.

• Members

I think it's ridiculous to suggest that topics that a few may be interested in, shouldn't be discussed. There are those that may not be interested, so they can exercise some impulse control and pass by the topics that don't interest them. It does seem that those who would click and interact in an offensive manner, are trolls who tend to exhibit an "all form and no substance" contribution.

I'm not suggesting you don't talk about it, I'm saying there isn't a lot of interest here - probably more in the amp forum. The interest in this thread is when and where it will all blow up and get deleted.

• Members

I'm not suggesting you don't talk about it, I'm saying there isn't a lot of interest here - probably more in the amp forum. The interest in this thread is when and where it will all blow up and get deleted.

I would argue that just looking at the number post views that there is a ton of interest here. There are quite a few e-mails that I've received from those who don't want to deal with the bashing that the trolls put out, so they PM me or send me E-mails, as opposed to posting in the thread.

There is a lot more interest here than I think you realize, or give credit to.

• Members

I would argue that just looking at the number post views that there is a ton of interest here. There are quite a few e-mails that I've received from those who don't want to deal with the bashing that the trolls put out, so they PM me or send me E-mails, as opposed to posting in the thread.

There is a lot more interest here than I think you realize, or give credit to.

How many?

• Members

How many?

What is your point? Enough to verify that the topic is of greater interest than you and others have suggested.

I argue that if even 1 person learned something about their gear, and how it can be run, that is enough to make it worthwhile.

• Members

I wouldn't say that. I see lots of discussions about switching systems and midi floorboards.

EXACTLY... As someone who's been a member here for longer than most of the guys with issues (in some cases a lot longer), I think I have a good handle on, what the topics of discussion are, and am confident that, no matter the issue being discussed, there are those of greater interest than others, given the topics at hand.

When I find something is not of interest, I don't participate. Apparently that is a bit much to expect from some, who are just interested in an internet joust-topics not withstanding

• Members

What is your point? Enough to verify that the topic is of greater interest than you and others have suggested.

I argue that if even 1 person learned something about their gear, and how it can be run, that is enough to make it worthwhile.

I dunno, seems like a lot of trouble.

• Members

Well spank my ass and call me Betty.

I honestly didn't mean for that comment to be a dig at you at all. I just meant that you made it clear that your position was that people weren't interested in these sorts of topics, and... that is just not the case.

A handful of guys who object, are not indicative of the memberships views and interests, was my point.

• Members

I dunno, seems like a lot of trouble.

Perhaps, but being good is a virtue because it's hard. If it wasn't for people helping me out when I started, I'd have had a much more difficult of a time figuring out all of the stuff that there is to figure out. Helping others, is my way of paying that kindness I was shown, forward.

• Members
I honestly didn't mean for that comment to be a dig at you at all. I just meant that you made it clear that your position was that people weren't interested in these sorts of topics, and... that is just
not
the case.

A handful of guys who object, are not indicative of the memberships views and interests, was my point.

I didn't think it was a dig at me, I'm just surprised. Maybe I don't post here enough. Or maybe too much. :p

Archived