tube reverb?

music321

• Members

I saw specs for building an amp w/ tube reverb. is it possible to have stand-alone tube reverb, or must it be incorporated into an amp?

i've looked around on the net, and the only mention of tube reverb is in conjunction with amps. a friend says that tube reverbs can only be built into an amp, as they have an intimate interplay with the amp tubes.

?

• Members
... Problem is reverb is best AFTER the preamp, NOT before... Had a real 63 and could never get it to sound good live. Too much verb almost all the time. Had to keep turning the knobs when changing pedals and such... .02
:wave:

Yeah, Dick Dale and Brian Setzer have always had crappy tones... :p

The Fender 'verb is best thought of as an effect, IMO - certainly not the best choice for subtle reverbs or high gain situations. I don't use mine as my main reverbed sound, but in situations where you want that particular tone nothing else touches it.

• Members

i think tube things are mostly hipe to get $$$....most pedals that use tubes, simply use the tube as esthetics....or maybe they do produce sound but simply dont have the power they need..

and why use tubes to create delay??? or reverb..or envelope filters....

there was a guy here in the forums who built a lot of prototypes....he had everything with tubes....

• Members
... Problem is reverb is best AFTER the preamp, NOT before... Had a real 63 and could never get it to sound good live. Too much verb almost all the time. Had to keep turning the knobs when changing pedals and such... .02

I'm pretty sure Neil Young uses a fender reverb unit; I wonder where he has it in the loop? I think he has it in the direct chain to the amp but I'm not sure.

• Members

the fender tube reverb is the best,the original and the standard by which all reverb is judged, anything other than fender reverb is a copy of the real deal!

({censored},i sound like a salesman.lol)

buy the 63 reissue and swap a tube and youl be dripping wet!

with the stock tubes its ok but as soon as you swap in one NOS or high quality 6k6(?) it sounds basically identical to the vintage units, most people cant tell the difference anyways!

btw, reverb sounds best clean and with thick droning fuzz imo.

• Members
the fender tube reverb is the best,the original and the standard by which all reverb is judged, anything other than fender reverb is a copy of the real deal!

({censored},i sound like a salesman.lol)

buy the 63 reissue and swap a tube and youl be dripping wet!

with the stock tubes its ok but as soon as you swap in one NOS or high quality 6k6(?) it sounds basically identical to the vintage units, most people cant tell the difference anyways!

btw, reverb sounds best clean and with thick droning fuzz imo.

i think i'll only ever use fender tube reverb if I use spring reverb. I don't think I can use anything else.

Archived