oh crap dave fox has a new pedal!

• Members
3 separate effects... octron = octave from cc2, aquavibe = vibe from cc2 and silicon fuzz = fuzz from cc2.

i think this might is for $200-$230 is my guess

The Octron is not the same as the CC2's Octave,which is an Octavia like pedal.(octave up/fuzz) The Octron has octave up and down with the abilty to blend them with your normal guitar sound.
My guess on the Aquavibe price would be closer to 3 bills.Looks nice.:thu:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dave is a man of his word.

He promised a simple univibe in response to the incessant calls for a stand alone unit from folks who din't care for the other components in the CC2.

He also said there may be a more complex unit further down the road.

I am struck by his ability to fine tune an already excellent product. The impedance trimmer addresses the only problem I had with the ProVibe.

Love the look, dig the name, stunned by the workmanship (as usual).

:thu:

• Members
The Octron is not the same as the CC2's Octave,which is an Octavia like pedal.(octave up/fuzz) The Octron has octave up and down with the abilty to blend them with your normal guitar sound.

My guess on the Aquavibe price would be closer to 3 bills.Looks nice.
:thu:

i played both and yeah they are not the same. I was just commenting on how dave is making single effects. His take on octron is amazing :thu:

I hope it's not going to be $300 because i think that is too much.

• Members
Awesome! Dave Fox get your ass in here and talk about this one. Price? Wait list? Kleenex?
:eek:

:rawk:

Yes sir, Rev..

Price - I have to add things up again and do more math, but I think it's going to be closer to $300 than $200. Real close... I design and use those custom made enclosures and double sided circuit boards. Add parts and labor and a small production run, I wonder if I'll make any money off of the first batch. I'm building the first 100 by myself.

Wait list - I'll get a list going in the next day or two. I already have a list of about 200 emails from people asking for a vibe. But that goes back a few years, I don't expect to hear from most of them but they will be the first ones I contact.

Kleenex? (hype machine on) You're gonna need beach towels my friend because you're gonna be sopping wet. :blah:

• Members
too bad Dave doesnt have sellers in France, i'd like to try some of them

you know the whole thing "i'm happy with my rig but who knows"
;)

I bought my ZIM from Dave direct. I don't remember what his return policy is if you buy something from him and decide you don't like it, (I'm sure I would have checked it when I bought my ZIM, and promptly forgotten all about it when I plugged it in :eek: ) but I'd imagine that it's very reasonable.

• Moderators
by this point, i should point out to everyone that i am very partial to foxrox
:D

look at this thing. I cannot believe this used to be $399. I wonder if the provibe section of the cc2 is the same as the aquavibe.

cc2%20font%202.JPG

What are they worth now? I'd never sell mine, but just curious. :)

• Members
Yes sir, Rev..

Price - I have to add things up again and do more math, but I think it's going to be closer to $300 than $200. Real close... I design and use those custom made enclosures and double sided circuit boards. Add parts and labor and a small production run, I wonder if I'll make any money off of the first batch. I'm building the first 100 by myself.

Wait list - I'll get a list going in the next day or two. I already have a list of about 200 emails from people asking for a vibe. But that goes back a few years, I don't expect to hear from most of them but they will be the first ones I contact.

Kleenex? (hype machine on) You're gonna need beach towels my friend because you're gonna be sopping wet.
:blah:

Thanks Dave! We love ya Brother! :thu::wave:

• Members

Off the top of my head, I'm guessing it provides improved reflection of light to the optocells. No clue, though.

that's right, but with more efficiency than just covering it up i guess

I laughed when i read this, because the thimble is the secret ;):D

The LFO circuit is on the smaller circuit board. Foxrox vibes (Provibe, Captain Coconut 1 and 2) use a thimble as a light shield. It reflects the light evenly to the four photocells. These are the best sounding thimbles on the market today! Below is the LFO board.

Archived