This kid is nuts!

tubezipper

• Members
I'm 16. Look at my sig. Am I spoiled? I paid for it all.

Yeah, I'm 18 and I barely started collecting pedals last year. So far I have a Soul-bender, time machine boost(smaller box), TR-2, TU-2, Micro amp, Boss DM-2, DMM, and a DD-5 and I barely got a job this year:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I had a couple more but I sold them to buy video games and blu-rays. I wish I could've worked before but I was wayyy to busy with school.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish my parents would help me out like that. They have never even bought me a pack of strings. But then again I did get my dads car for free (2004 Saturn, 200k miles, suspension and transmission are {censored}ed). But I like being able to say all my music stuff is mine and I worked damn hard to get all of it.

• Members

I wish my parents would help me out like that. They have never even bought me a pack of strings. But then again I did get my dads car for free (2004 Saturn, 200k miles, suspension and transmission are {censored}ed). But I like being able to say all my music stuff is mine and I worked damn hard to get all of it.

your cool:thu:

Nice rig too!

• Members

What the {censored}? 200k miles on a 4 year old car? {censored}. :(

• Members

yup same here man, expect im 19 and dont have a car:cry:

• Members

Don't you guys think it's a way better feeling knowing that you worked hard to buy all your gear though? You can look at it and you know that you worked for the money and you spent it on something you enjoy doing. It's all worthwhile I think. I'd much rather have nice gear paid for out of my own pocket than having my parents buy me everything.

• Members

From the looks of the flooring and walls, I beleive that is a studio?...so the kid may come from a very wealthy family, or the kid could be full of {censored} and that stuff really isn't all his...maybe it belongs to the folks who own the studio?

Anyway I wouldn't have the room for all that stuff, and I wouldn't be worthy of owning so much gear.

• Members

I'm 16. Look at my sig. Am I spoiled? I paid for it all.

same as me man, i got a behringer tuner from my mum and a belcat chorus from my brother for my birthday. Both cheap pedals i didn't buy. The rest i all worked for...i am still saving for a new guitar and its taken me AGES! havent gotten any new gear since my birthday and before that was a year ago. It kinda makes me angry when peoples parents buy them every thing, the best part of buying new gear is when you feel you have worked for it all.

• Members
Thanks. Even though I'm sure that first part is sarcasm.

No i'm serious. :)

Here's his explanation i found on guitargeek

''i spend all my b-day and xmas money on gear.

I am also home tutored after having been very badly bullied and caused me no other choice as to leave school.

I also have a very mild form of autism which gives me a kind of obsession for music. My dads philosophy is that, he could be paying for a private education for me, but as he is not, and my tutors are employed by my school, he feels that he should put as much into my passion as i do.

thanks for reading and i hope this clarifys the point, and stops the ongoing digs at why i have so much gear at this age.''

• Members
No i'm serious.
:)

''I am also home tutored after having been very badly bullied and caused me no other choice as to leave school.

I also have a very mild form of autism which gives me a kind of obsession for music. My dads philosophy is that, he could be paying for a private education for me, but as he is not, and my tutors are employed by my school, he feels that he should put as much into my passion as i do.''

So he's an anti-social sufferer of asperger's syndrome? :blah:

• Members

I'm 17 and I've worked my ass off for my gear. Summer job + frugal spending and I still don't have an amp I'm satisfied with (BUY MY MARSHALL ON EBAY). But it does feel good knowing I earned it all. :idk:

And FWIW, I got my mom's old car because she was buying a new one and wanted me to be able to drive to my job and school.

• Members

He got stabbed and then collected a {censored}load of money. He also had a dad who funded a lot of gear. I think he only had one guitar (Tele) but he had a pedal collection that would make most envious.

Pic of this envious Pedal collection?

Archived