So now we can't talk music on this forum?

Mike51

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it's ok to call people assholes?

yeah it's okay to call rock journalists assholes. they usually are.

for example, the guys who wrote this book are assholes. in fact, i bought their {censored} tome in the cut out bin. sometime i'll tell them that.

don't worry i wasn't calling you an asshole. i was just pointing out that you can't jump on anything that isn't indie-OK and expect people to feel good hanging out with you.

where do you live? i'll buy you a drink next time i'm in town.

• Members
... well, my girlfriend is taking a shower -one of those long, relaxing showers- after a good session of "
touching
" -sic-
;)
... and while she's on it, here I am, reading the forums... and I do still agree with Paolo's and Eerie's opinions in the subject.

BTW we all know Eerie has a lovable girlfriend and Paolo is married and has an adorable family.

... So, being actual "female touchers"
-as if it would really mean something, anyway!-
, I guess that means your argument is not really valid.

This is the real forum.

... now I gotta go... I'm joining her at the shower...

:love:, this is like happy soap opera...

• Members

I
love
this phrase!
:D

hey thanks. i coined it myself, along with "bling-hop."

i first used "bling-hop" online in 2003 while recording They're Like A Union (a band who asked me to produce them because i was the closest they could get to Martin Hannett, or so they claim, though i think they were talking about my weight and antisocial behaviour more than my productionz skillz ... though i did piss them off by making them sound too electronic. which is funny because that's what they wanted.) now it's a very common term.

so yeah let's get "Indie-OK" out there. i'll start the ball rolling by stamping my own module shipments "Indie-OK" with a rubber stamp, so indie rockers know it's okay to use my {censored}. it'll have to use that "Stencil" font.

• Members

from all useless threads on HC, I guess I enjoyed this one the most. Great quotes from all of you, the shower story made me all melancholic about the old times and this sentence...

he plays all those notes to fill the gap between his ears

was very very funny :D

keep on going !

I guess I can relate to this thread because I had to go though an evening of youtubing with one of my guitarplaying friends and he couldn't stop showing me guitarsolos, one faster than the other...CHECK THIS VID: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_tuLEmWccM "I actually taught God to play guitar"....

• Members
Now we are getting into the "unecessary" and "offensive" category. It's not ok to call a guys musical style cheesy, but it's ok to call people assholes? A contradiction of epic proportions. I wouldn't expect any less.

Wait a second...weren't you just lecturing about uncivil, offensive, and unecessary discourse?

:freak:

:freak:

Your thread wasn't locked because you "offended" Jordan Rudess: it was locked because you were just trying to stir things up and be the usual rude, self-important "one note with feeling is better than a million with technique" self. On this topic, even if I personally don't like his music, I would never dare to call that guy an incompetent musician, like you do - He's obviously schooled and knows a lot about music.

What do you know about music? What finger to choose when playing your modular system to obtain a sci-fi LFO effect that you deem superior to any other music other people make? Which screwdriver to use when trying to circuit bend a perfectly good keyboard? How the Pink Floyd and Panda Bear are the best bands on earth?

Keep enjoying your attitude with life being nasty, self-important, being indie-wonderful, the rest of the world moves on and actually builds something for themselves. Whiners are usually left behind.

You are a fake and everybody can see it. You talk about how civil and well behaved you are, and a kss member just sent me a link to this thread, where you trash me with low-level attacks... I wouldn't expect any less from you. You also are a coward because you run crying to your indie-wonderful friends instead of posting your real feelings HERE, where you know I am.

http://analogkid.us/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1184720987

ANALOG KID: if you're listening: I tried to register with your Analogia forum to answer to this thread but it says "code incorrect" when I input the verification code numbers. Btw, his thread wasn't locked because of his comments on TD. See above.

BIRDIENUMNUM: Not sure what I ever did to you, you're entitled to your opinion, each one of us goes through life according to their values, but having grown up in Italy, and heard stories about fascism from my granparents from their real-life experiences, I am seriously offended by being called fascist. That is a common low-level practice that indie-wonderful people like yourself and Mike resort to when they want something to stand out. Good job and keep going through life with your values, I'll follow mine (which are certainly not fascist or anything else - just being a normal human being).

SIR GARROTE and CRAZY JANE (Marie?): Paolo Di Nicolantonio and Mr Varaldo are the same person, me. Mr Varaldo is the screen name I used before switching to my real name, so I don't understand how you can think that Mr Varaldo was a wonderful person and I am not?????? I haven't changed, people... and I've been here at KSS since the late '90s

MIKE51
The next time you are here- if you decide to come back, you better quit with your whiny, obnoxious and generally superior attitude, because it will not be tolerated, we are all tired of it.

... this is what Paolo wanted NOT to happen. A {censored} fest with Mike51 as the host.

Could you just please stop this?
Ok, Mike does NOT like JR. Great.

Oh, hey Mike51, YOU should get a woman. Maybe one who likes Dream Teather. Or maybe not. Who cares.

Thanks.

• Members

Indie rock?? oh yeh - that {censored} spewed out by one friggin depressing going nowhere guitar band after another...
vomit-smiley-024.gif

They should get some synths and make some real music :p

On seconds thoughts - nooo - then we'd all be plagued by wheres the accoustic piano patch on the virus/nl2/waldorf/etc posts...

• Members

What do you know about music?

I know enough to know that Jordan Rudess overplays and lacks feeling.

What finger to choose when playing your modular system to obtain a sci-fi LFO effect that you deem superior to any other music other people make? Which screwdriver to use when trying to circuit bend a perfectly good keyboard? How the Pink Floyd and Panda Bear are the best bands on earth?

Oh no...there are a ton of great bands out there. You just have to keep an open mind. when I see people going through life listening to the same five bands over and over and saying "new music sux", I feel a twinge of sadness. They are victims of a combination of factors:

1. A closed mind

2. Dying FM radio

3. They never liked music enough in the first place to search out new bands

Now, not all of those combinations affect each person, but it's usually some of them.

Keep enjoying your attitude with life being nasty, self-important, being indie-wonderful, the rest of the world moves on and actually builds something for themselves. Whiners are usually left behind.

See, I think it's the exact opposite. What I see is guys who have closed their minds. They are stuck on the same five bands, still going to nothing but cheesy prog concerts, never ever really expanding their minds and opening their arms to all the new stuff in life. They probably have a family now, pay waaay too much in credit card debt because they can't pay cash for what they want (IE - keeping up with the other guys home studio) and are generally totally pissed off and unhappy people because of where they put themselves as they see the world- wether it's a failed career in music or whatever. They lack energy, enthusiasm, and are *easily* offended by any kind of hot debate or controversial discussion or topic on an internet fourm, and feel the need to completely control the discourse because they have absolutely zero control outside of the internet. These angry, dissapointed people also hate all new music. The anger has closed their mind. Somewhere along the line, they forgot to look at the world with open eyes,and got stuck in a rut.

They are left behind, lost souls.

You are a fake and everybody can see it. You talk about how civil and well behaved you are, and a kss member just sent me a link to this thread, where you trash me with low-level attacks... I wouldn't expect any less from you. You also are a coward because you run crying to your indie-wonderful friends instead of posting your real feelings HERE, where you know I am.

I already posted my thoughts in this thread. Thanks for the personal attacks though. I always appreciate those.

http://analogkid.us/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1184720987

Thanks for posting the link. It's a great forum.

BIRDIENUMNUM: Not sure what I ever did to you, you're entitled to your opinion, each one of us goes through life according to their values, but having grown up in Italy, and heard stories about fascism from my granparents from their real-life experiences, I am seriously offended by being called fascist.
That is a common low-level practice that indie-wonderful people like yourself and Mike resort to when they want something to stand ou
t. Good job and keep going through life with your values, I'll follow mine (which are certainly not fascist or anything else - just being a normal human being).

I am offended by your offensive words. I grew up in Chicago, in the Indie scene. And when you say that I am "indie wonderful" it's an insult.

Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? :D

Honestly, I think part of the problem is foreign moderators don't really understand American humor, conversation and values. We don't get so easily offended here.

MIKE51

The next time you are here- if you decide to come back, you better quit with your whiny, obnoxious and generally superior attitude, because it will not be tolerated, we are all tired of it.

Ahhhh my friend. You always can't get the jibe correctly from internet text. I'm incredily enthusiastic and enjoying my posting time here. This is great stuff. I''m laughing as a type this.

This world offers alot of great things. And this forum was one of them. Let's make it better, like it was,eh? Less crying and "I'm offended" stuff, and more good ole' conversation without the need to control.

Life's good, man. Cheer up. There's no reason to cry and be offended at such little things. There's no reason to need to control everything. Put on a smile. :)

• Members

mike, sorry to break it to you, but you're not exactly pushing the boundaries of music listening here. where the hell do you live, anyway? for some reason i thought it was near me, and if so you don't have much of an excuse.

I have no idea what you are talking about...... I don't even think a list of my recent listening was mentioned. Perhaps you could point to a discussion where I offered a list of my recent listening choices?

:confused:

The past few days I have been listening to the new Sakamotto/Fennesz and Panthu Du Prince.

To answer your question, I live in the Chciagoland area. I will be leaving this forum again due to a wilderness multimedia project/vacation in the Northern Rockies from late July to late September. Basically two months of wilderness camping with no running power and no computers. Do you have any idea how hilarious it is to plan for batteries for that long with a HD cam, 1 terrabyte of portable storage and a DSLR rig?

Regardless, it's a great time. Getting back to nature really allows one to have a proper perspective, to keep an open mind and to stay grounded. Great stuff.

• Members
KSS never disappoints me with its regularly scheduled drama.

And where
is
that accoustic piano patch on my TI? I can't find it...
:cry:

personally, I like the drama. in some ways, it shows that this is a vibrant and dynamic community - with a lot of interesting characters and nutballs making the occassional appearence.

Ive recently left another forum, which had degraded to the point where there were only 7~10 people posting, and the content centered around the same 5 or 6 topics of conversation (almost never any music).

certain people, however, truely do seem to want to do nothing but stir up {censored} and rarely contribute anything of actual *value* to the forum. I do support bringing the hammer down on them.

• Members

occasionally, you put up lists. or threads about bands you've just 'discovered'.

Yeah about twice a year. But your post kind of inferred that I had just posted a recent list that you had specific reservations about. What were they?

people obviously don't appreciate you exposing them to 'new' music, so why continue?

Actually I have recieved at least a dozen PM's saying "thank you" for posting my year end lists on this forum.

That always puts a smile on my face, to get people enjoying new music again.

It's not good to "go stale". Someone interested in music should always be trying to find new artists that move them - not just guys from 30 years ago.

• Members

Honestly, I think part of the problem is foreign moderators don't really understand American humor, conversation and values. We don't get so easily offended here.

This made me lol. I don't know what part of America YOU'RE in, but I'd say that the rest of the country is easily offended, and more so every year.

One thing you might try to do, Mike, since you're aware that your "humor" isn't translating well via plain text, is to choose your words and tone more carefully. Hearing a conversation is not the same as reading one. With text, subtlety is largely lost and usually just comes across as sarcasm or arrogance, even if that isn't your intention.

My $0.02. Now who would like some pie?

• Members

This made me lol. I don't know what part of America YOU'RE in, but I'd say that the rest of the country is easily offended, and more so every year.

True. But it's still not as bad as our friendly neighbors around the world.

My $0.02. Now who would like some pie?

I would please. Perhaps pecan pie?

Archived