name some pedals that turn a fender amp into a marshall

• Members

I did a quick search and didn't see anything that matched, so, here's a quick little question.

As you see in my sig, i've got a fender amp and a Traynor Bassmaster (which is a plexi clone)... however, i can only use one for gigs these days, and it's got to be the fender.

But for some songs, i want the mid-gain natural-like marshall distortion. i've got a tube screamer and a rat, and those are too extreme to one side or the other of the mid-gain kind of distortion i need for some tunes.

So, what are some of those distortion pedals that can get a fender amp into classic marshall type gain/tone? I know none will be perfect, but i just want to get into the ball park.

• Members

DS-1

definitely not with a fender. I had an OCD for a week or two and just traded it because It sounded small and not very good to my ear. I'm getting a blackstone mosfet overdrive pedal in the mail hopefully today or tomorrow so I'll let you know how that works out. It should be great. I like rats through my twin also though...

• Members

Radial tonebone hot british

EHX english muffin

+1 on that, even though I haven't got one yet!

I've been looking at the Plexitube (same thing) and can't believe the sounds I'm hearing aren't Marshall. One will be here soon I'm sure...:lol:

Seriously, check out the Pro Guitarshop demo, probably one of the best online samples I've heard.

Archived