The Official "What is your favorite Dirt Box?" Thread

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only way this works is the honor system. I didn't freak out and post a "Sunset sucks" thread when the pedal was one day late. I'm just sayin'. We agreed on a trade last Monday morning. That's 9 days, and counting...I ain't got it yet. Priority Mail takes 3. That's all.

I have, in the past, not made it to the post office before it closed, and shipped a couple days after the other guy shipped, but I just said so.

Look, it is what it is. I am not saying anyone is trying to pull anything over on me. I'm stating facts. That's how this works, right? Why else is everyone posting trade feedback and references? He's got my name in his sig already, because I shipped the day we traded, and he's had my pedal for at least 4 days, probably 5, possibly 6.

That's how it's done, right?

• Members

I really liked my V.2 OCD but sold it for some reason.
Right now all I have for dirt is a Big Muff, Direct Drive, and an MXR ZW OD, which are all going to be sold when I get back to the states.

I see a Screwdriver in my future, and I'm waiting for my Lunar Module to get built/sent.

• Members

The only way this works is the honor system. I didn't freak out and post a "Sunset sucks" thread when the pedal was one day late. I'm just sayin'. We agreed on a trade last Monday morning. That's 9 days, and counting...I ain't got it yet. Priority Mail takes 3. That's all.

I have, in the past, not made it to the post office before it closed, and shipped a couple days after the other guy shipped, but I just said so.

Look, it is what it is. I am not saying anyone is trying to pull anything over on me. I'm stating facts. That's how this works, right? Why else is everyone posting trade feedback and references? He's got my name in his sig already, because I shipped the day we traded, and he's had my pedal for at least 4 days, probably 5, possibly 6.

That's how it's done, right?

Chill out dude. I'm waiting for 4 months now for 1 pedalboard. I'm not pissed, I'm just glad they know that I ordered it. And that they're doing the best they can to get it in stock again.

Of course you want that pedal as soon as you can. And it's not a crime to be nervous about getting it. But don't start {censored} about a couple of days.

It's really not worth it.

• Members

Chill out dude. I'm waiting for 4 months now for 1 pedalboard. I'm not pissed, I'm just glad they know that I ordered it. And that they're doing the best they can to get it in stock again.

Of course you want that pedal as soon as you can. And it's not a crime to be nervous about getting it. But don't start {censored} about a couple of days.

I think he has the right to be pissed. For one it was more than a couple days and two, he doesn't know this person at all. Sure, you're fine waiting on your pedalboard from a COMPANY for four months(which is {censored}ing ridiculous) but he had to trust a complete stranger to make a fair trade when he could easily be screwed over. I'd be worried too. He could have made an entire thread about it. He just wants his damn pedal.

• Members

STFU, Eurotrash. If you talk like that to my buddy Corso, you're setting yourself up for a serious beatdown.
:wave:

• Members

how do you like your blackstone man?

I tweaked around with it a little bit last night. It's not as harsh anymore (I was running a compressor in front of it, so I switched it to the buffered bypass.... thing. Helped it out a lot. Turned the treble thing up a little bit... still not enough treble. Maybe an EQ after it would help some. I just gotta tweak more knobs more and see what they do and see which channels are better.

I'm not sad about that at all. I'm glad that I now have a pedal which is challenging me to discover everything that it has to offer, inside and out. The dual channel thing is totally awesome too. I've never had a pedal like that. But as for the distortion, I got it up to high(er) gain settings, which I'm happy with. The OD and distortion is the best I've ever heard. It sounds so full, there's no fizz, and there just seems to be a lot of, to quote Dave, "mojeaux" flowing through the Blackstone. The OCD, Screwdriver, what have you just didn't cut muster at higher gain settings. This does it all, low gain and high.

I'll report back some more too!

• Members
STFU, Eurotrash. If you talk like that to my buddy Corso, you're setting yourself up for a serious beatdown.

:wave:

Hey Taco!

It makes me feel all funny down there to have a Canadian defending me from a Belgian. I'm American. This means war! :mad:

The pedal came in today's mail. Postmarked the 14th, which was Monday, a week after I shipped. I said it before, I'll say it again...tardy shipping is not the end of the world, but be straight about it. Stop with the "misaddressed" baloney. Misspelling Las Vegas will not confuse the USPS so much that they rush something back to you 2 days later to fix it, as long as the street address and ZIP are correct. You don't even need to put the city or state, that's what the ZIP is for.

Back on topic, my favorite dirt boxes are my NKT Sunface and I am really liking the OCD.

• Members
Hey Taco!

It makes me feel all funny down there to have a Canadian defending me from a Belgian. I'm American. This means war!
:mad:

The pedal came in today's mail. Postmarked the 14th, which was Monday, a week after I shipped. I said it before, I'll say it again...tardy shipping is not the end of the world, but be straight about it. Stop with the "misaddressed" baloney. Misspelling Las Vegas will not confuse the USPS so much that they rush something back to you 2 days later to fix it, as long as the street address and ZIP are correct. You don't even need to put the city or state, that's what the ZIP is for.

Back on topic, my favorite dirt boxes are my NKT Sunface and I am really liking the OCD.

Just one more time Corso, Im sorry... Im glad you got it today.. sound good?

Archived