kickass chorus

• Members

I've got a Meistersinger and Small Clone and they're both very nice. I have a slight preference for the Meistersinger, BUT one of my amps is an Engl Thunder (which is essentially the same as the Screamer) and it can clip a bit too easily if the gain is up on the clean channel. Having said that I only get the problem with high output pickups so it may depend on what those EMGs are.

The Small Clone is very nice too, but not as versatile due to the lack of controls.

• Members

I've got a Meistersinger and Small Clone and they're both very nice. I have a slight preference for the Meistersinger,
BUT
one of my amps is an Engl Thunder (which is essentially the same as the Screamer) and it can clip a bit too easily if the gain is up on the clean channel. Having said that I only get the problem with high output pickups so it may depend on what those EMGs are.

The Small Clone is very nice too, but not as versatile due to the lack of controls.

You should give that DLS Chorus/Vib pedal a chance. I liked my SC, although the clipping annoyed me. I don't get that with the DLS. ANd it's way more versatile. Also, it sounds pretty good with some dirt, which is usually not something I like. If I make it subtle, it makes the dirt sound fuller and richer, and when I turn it off, I almost think my tone sounds lacking or thin without it. Weird how it can trick your ears into thinking that. But anyways, this has ended my chorus search, and now I can move on to either a flanger or phaser search. never ends...

• Members

You should give that DLS Chorus/Vib pedal a chance. I liked my SC, although the clipping annoyed me. I don't get that with the DLS. ANd it's way more versatile. Also, it sounds pretty good with some dirt, which is usually not something I like. If I make it subtle, it makes the dirt sound fuller and richer, and when I turn it off, I almost think my tone sounds lacking or thin without it. Weird how it can trick your ears into thinking that. But anyways, this has ended my chorus search, and now I can move on to either a flanger or phaser search. never ends...

I like DLS so I may just give that a try, thanks. The Retro Sonic chorus is looking pretty nice too though, I quite fancy a CE-1 clone

• Members

The Visual Sound H2O Liquid Chorus & Echo pedal works wonderfully for clean tones. I like it with distortion too, but personally I've decided to use other chorus pedals for using with distortion, just for something slightly different.

• Members

I used a few Arion SCH-1s, the grey one is better than the black and both are better than the reissue SCH-Z, but I've had some reliability issues with them. Switched to the DLS Chorus~Vib, and it sounds great. Not quite as lush as the Arions, but tons more versatile, and you really have to listen to hear the difference.

Archived