The OFFICIAL Crxshdxmmy NPD Thread

sdresdre

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow.... this turned into a bit of a {censored}storm. :love:

If you want to know why I go through so many effects --- see this post:

there's nothing wrong with being a pedal slut. carry on, crash....

Thank you sir! And thanks to all the other non-douches as well -- you know who you are. :thu:

• Members
Wow.... this turned into a bit of a {censored}storm.
:love:

If you want to know why I go through so many effects --- see this post:

Moving on...

I can only agree with this. I mean, last time I checked, this
is
a {censored}ing EFFECTS forum -- and I buy/sell/trade a lot of effects and talk about them here..... so if you whiners are pissed 'cause I buy more cool {censored} than you AND USE A PUBLIC FORUM SPECIFICALLY INTENDED TO DISCUSS SAID COOL {censored} .... then
get the {censored} out
. Find some new place to bitch and moan.... 'cause I'm not going anywhere.

In complete honestly, there are 5 pedals on this list that I didn't own for more that a week before trying to sell them. The only other category to consider is owning them ....

Those include: Behringer Slow Motion, Boss MT-2, EHX Small Stone & Tube Zipper, Digitech Whammy. Those pedals did absolutely nothing for me and went out almost as fast as they came in.

Thank you sir! And thanks to all the other non-douches as well -- you know who you are.
:thu:

Nebraska fails at music stores! Don't worry man, a lot of us like your posts and giving you a little ribbing here and there :poke:. Besides, the nice thing w/ higher end gear is you can easily sell it for AT LEAST what you paid for it. Or get trades for stuff that's similarly high end and easy to flip.

Carry on Crxsh (and you too Robo - you have the best diggs!)

• Members
yes, we didn't know this when we pulled that name out of the hat but it stuck and by the time we realized we had stolen it from FZ we decided it was better to keep it.

but we play no zappa.
:idk:

oh yeaah, I do have one of those!

:confused:

DS-1, Polychorus: Nirvana
Weird pedals and filter: Radiohead

I don't know, first things that came to mind for me. I don't listen to music much.

• Members

Originally Posted by Crxshdxmmy
... I don't have any good music stores anywhere around here. So a lot of my flipping stems from the fact that in order to try out a pedal, I actually have to buy it. I put a decent amount of time and research into pedals before I buy them, but you never really know how you'll like it until you play it. I mean ... what I do is essentially no different from someone walking into a guitar shop and trying out half a dozen pedals there. Some stick. Some don't.

This is the exact excuse i give my lady as to why i buy so many records. Not all record stores, thrift marts and swap meets have a record player set up so i can listen to the lp before buying so i just {censored}ing buy it and sometimes...its glorious. other times not so much.

I think having your own thread is a good idea. Buy away my friend.

• Members

There is nothing wrong with all Nick's pedal purchases and NPD posts... its actually good reading! I do the same thing, maybe not to the extent Nick does but I do go through a lot. For me and I am sure its the same for Nick... its all about the hunt, finding that right pedal.

The bottom line is, if you're having a good time doing it... carry on my brotha! :thu:

• Members

What pedals are you going to be selling in the future, Nick? Any ideas?

Not really sure man. If the Super Delay ends up being what I think it is .... I'm actually pretty set for awhile I think. I mean, I'm really into my board right now and get a load of sweet sounds... and if everything I've seen, heard & read is right about the Super Delay ... that'll only add to the fun. Plus, all my GAS has currently been stifled .... so we'll see how long it takes me to find something I have to have.

That said, there are a few things off the board that I may end up sacrificing at some point .... but we'll see what happens to those as there's nothing that immediately want to try out.

• Members
There is nothing wrong with all Nick's pedal purchases and NPD posts... its actually good reading! I do the same thing, maybe not to the extent Nick does but I do go through a lot. For me and I am sure its the same for Nick... its all about the hunt, finding that right pedal.

The bottom line is, if you're having a good time doing it... carry on my brotha!

Thanks man!!

• Members

is
a {censored}ing EFFECTS forum -- and I buy/sell/trade a lot of effects and talk about them here..... so if you whiners are pissed 'cause I buy more cool {censored} than you AND USE A PUBLIC FORUM SPECIFICALLY INTENDED TO DISCUSS SAID COOL {censored} .... then
get the {censored} out

lol

• Members

The bottom line is, if you're having a good time doing it... carry on my brotha!

Same here. I've got 3 pedals I will never sell. The rest I try out for fun and experimentation. It's good to buy new gear and use it to express your art and creativity. Some pedals just don't do it. So you sell and continue searching.

• Members

Yeah everything has its extremes. At least Crxsh sells the stuff he doesn't want. Some people would just keep them boxed up somewhere.

Yeah.... I use gear to fund gear. I wanted a Super Delay -- so I sold a DMM, DD-7 & used a little bit of cash from the sale of my GIG-FX Chopper to fund it (and a Valcoder). I'm not much of a collector.

• Members

is
get the {censored} out

crybabyft3.gif

lol'd x ALOT

Archived