Check it out! BB Preamp, Box of Rock, Purple Plexi Comparison. PGS strikes again.

• Members

I like how they have to use a voodoo labs switcher in case someone says 'yeah but box x had another pedal in the chain and that made it sound {censored}e'. As if you'd use that pedal entirely on it's own.

Pedalmakers/reviewers are buying into the cork sniffing way too much. I just got a timefactor and it has relays in it for doing true mechanical bypass. You can hear them clicking when you turn it on. I'm just worried they're gonna break, and I bet it takes 4 of them in there for true stereo bypass.

Who the hell needs it? Rant over. Great video.

• Members

I agree, I'm hearing compressed, muffled tones, the BB is a little less compressed overall, which seems to help it to shine in this comparison.

and considering I thought these guys use like thirteen billion dollars worth of crap. I mean {censored}, everything from the strings to the pickups to the cords, amp, mics, studio... it's all corksniffery stuff that has really expensive names.

and yet ... compressed, muffled sums it up well.

are all their videos this bad, I thought I had seen people ranting about them?

• Members

and considering I thought these guys use like thirteen billion dollars worth of crap. I mean {censored}, everything from the strings to the pickups to the cords, amp, mics, studio... it's all corksniffery stuff that has really expensive names.

Easy cheif. We are good people at PGS, and we do these vids just for all of you gear junkies. We listen to your feedback and respond with exactly what you guys ask for.

It is commonly stated that we have the best sound quality on the internet. You may be referring to the YouTube compression. These videos are produced by an Audio Video Engineer, former Fulltone builder. Andy's credentials and abilities are second to none.

• Members

Easy cheif. We are good people at PGS, and we do these vids just for all of you gear junkies. We listen to your feedback and respond with exactly what you guys ask for.

It is commonly stated that we have the best sound quality on the internet. You may be referring to the YouTube compression. These videos are produced by an Audio Video Engineer, former Fulltone builder. Andy's credentials and abilities are second to none.

BOOYAH!!

And I still think the BoR pwns. The BB was good, don't get me wrong .... but I still like the BoR. Wasn't a fan of the Purple Plexi though.

• Members

Don't fall for the resident troll's bait! Are you guys going to be around today? I have some things to drop off. :thu:

• Members

Well, I will say that I absolutely love your videos, and they helped me to make some pedal buying decisions already. It's a wonderful world now, one where anyone with internet access can listen and see all these pedals being demoed on the youtube videos. I remember in the not too distant past where one had to simply order on blind faith, wondering what the thing sounded like.

I have listened to tons of your reviews, and appreciate your efforts.

• Members

:facepalm:

Archived