ot: is it worth the $$$ & time to try and watch Bale "act" in the new Batman???

hangwire

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah he's always annoyed me too. The guy has the screen presence of a stalk of celery. He's like a less self-conscious Eric Stoltz. I don't know why he keeps getting cast in everything. I wasn't looking forward to The Dark Knight either, but every review I've read has been glowing. And, let's face it, this isn't a movie where acting is going to be a key ingredient anyway.

• Members

im not really one for super hero movies.

same here... but my wife has hinted that we haven't seen a movie in a while, so that measns I have about a week to take her to something she wants to see [she likes superheo movies, go figure] before I get the :poke:

• Members
you are both nuts.

Watch American Psycho, it's {censored}ing class.

no it's a fail with Bale... he ruined that movie... and people THINK he did a good job acting aloof and cold... uh, no, that is him in EVERY movie... :facepalm:

• Members

All the reviews say it's Heath Ledger's movie all the way. AFAIK, those in the know were saying his Joker was going to be awesome before he died too, so it's not just some sort of sick morbid thing.

I read a couple of reviews this afternoon- they all mention Ledger and Aaron Eckhart as the acting standouts, and give the film a good review overall. If you have to go see a superhero movie, it's probably preferable to the others.

At least it wasn't this:

VlRuC-eVmu4

• Members

I thought Bale was good in The Prestige too. That happens to be one of my favorite movies though.

Either way, I saw The Dark Knight last night at midnight, and it was great. I'm a big fan of Batman movies in general, well at least the ones with Keaton and Bale.

Ledger really is as good as everyone says he is, and Eckhart is awesome as well.

I reccomend this movie to EVERYONE. I think they did a great job, and the ending is actually pretty interesting.

Plain and simple: the movie rocked.

• Members

What are you guys talking about?

Where did all this mindless Bale-bashing come from? The man's a perfectly good and competent actor who has been in some phenomenal movies.

Lay the freak off.

Machinist rocked.

American Psycho rocked.

Prestige rocked.

Batman begins rocked.

DARK KNIGHT WILL ROCK EVEN HARDER.

Archived