THE OLYMPICS -- what are you watching?

Cow4prez

• Members

I think I've been enjoying the archery more than anything, though the cycling pursuits were good this morning.

yup it was a good show by the Brits....

the archery is great, it something I always wanted to try..I might take it up, it looks fun. Did you see the womens team final? The Korean team was amazing.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The olympics suck. Here's why:

There should be NO professional athletes competing (basketball)

Synchronized diving? Water Polo? Air Pistol? Really?
I'm sick of NBC showing only a few events like volleyball, basketball, and anything in a pool. There are SO MANY events going on that are not being broadcast (Judo, wrestling, etc). I mean, do I really need to see 30 straight minutes of synchro diving? Why not just show the highlights of A LOT of events rather than hours of just a few?

Don't get me wrong Phelps is amazing, as well as the other athletes, but some of those "sports" are just too stupid to be in the olympics, while other ones I want to effin' SEE! But for whatever reason, Anything in a pool is more important.

Also, China had that little girl lyp sync that song b/c the girl that actually sang it wasn't "cute enough", and they added digital effects to the fireworks in the opening ceremony - as if if wasn't amazing enough. Blaahaah

• Members

Yeah I agree there is a lot of stuff that's pretty boring. But still, I guess some of those sports are much more popular in other countries than here in the US or in Europe? That's my guess anyway.

I agree that the major problem is coverage. This {censored} is over anyway by the time we see it. Might as well show highlights of the lesser watched sports and concentrate on putting the good stuff in prime time.

• Members
there are like 3 other channels with olypmic coverage. universal HD is one, i forget the others--but check your cable/dish guide, they should be on there. anyhow, they cover the more random/obscure sports-

Dap99's house: Basic cable'd :facepalm:

• Members

It seems were lucky in the UK, the BBC are doing the coverage here and they have BBC1 coverage, BBC2 coverage, and 3 other channels of BBC coverage, we've seen Judo, Boxing, cycling, Rowing, Archery, etc etc....it's been really good...each channel is either showing live coverage or highlights so you can pick and choose whatever you want to watch.

• Members
I agree 100%. That's why I didn't cheer for the US Men's Basketball team.

They shouldn't even call it an Olympic event... It's an International All Star team. TBH, I don't know how any pro athlete can take any kind of pride in being in the olympics. Srsly, they get paid to do their JOB. All those amateur kids do it b/c they love it and most of them will never be heard from again. Just sayin'. Allowing the pros in ans really damaged the integrity of the games.:cop:

• Members
They shouldn't even call it an Olympic event... It's an International All Star team. TBH, I don't know how any pro athlete can take any kind of pride in being in the olympics. Srsly, they get paid to do their JOB. All those amateur kids do it b/c they love it and most of them will never be heard from again. Just sayin'. Allowing the pros in ans really damaged the integrity of the games.
:cop:

i see it as the best in the world competing. i could care less about the intergrity of the olympics. i want to see the best talent in the world going at it.

• Members

oh yeah -- China made sure to supply an order of ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND condoms for Olympic Village, because (quote) "many athletes from all over the world will meet, and some will fall in love"

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Is it a sexfest over there or what?

• Members

NBC has swimming, volleyball, gymnastics and not much else. They fail.

They don't seem to have time to show performances from countries other than US or China, yet we get 30 minutes of closeups of a US gymnast sitting on the bench watching the other athletes. Turn the camera around, {censored}nut!

Archived