Seeing Thrice on Thursday night

Loobs

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope they're good live. I love them on record, hope they're tight and the sound is good. So much depends on the venue though and I've never seen anyone at this place before so I don't know what to expect sound wise.

• Members

They're not 'emo' at all, not that I really even know what that term means...it seems to have become very confused.

They're just a great rock band to me. Listen to Broken Lungs on their Myspace.

They've also been around like 10 years.

• Members

Everything from Illusion of Safety and before is Thrice's only good stuff. Their new stuff is too "manufactured" sounding.

Eitherway, I'm jealous. I remember back in highschool about 5 years ago, I was playing with a coverband, and we covered "A Torch to End All Torches" with me on guitar/vox.

That kicked {censored}ing ass!

• Members

Everything from Illusion of Safety and before is Thrice's only good stuff. Their new stuff is too "manufactured" sounding.

Eitherway, I'm jealous. I remember back in highschool about 5 years ago, I was playing with a coverband, and we covered "A Torch to End All Torches" with me on guitar/vox.

That kicked {censored}ing ass!

Manufactured? How do you mean, over-produced or something?

I think they keep getting better and better. New records are ace.

• Members

They don't have that fast, melodic, "hardcore" punk-ish sound anymore, IMO.

I've been listening to them since they were in their EP stage.. Since the beginning..

If over-produced is the word, then yes. I mean, granted, new audio technology will make things sound differently, but they just don't sound the same anymore.

Take NOFX/Bad Religion for example.. Again, audio technology changes the way things sound, but they haven't lost their style, if you will. Mind you, some of their new stuff isn't as great as their older stuff, but they are still there.

Maybe it's just me? I don't know.

• Members

So jealous :cry:

I doubt they'll ever come to Ireland. At least not for a long while.

Anyways, their early stuff was much rawer then their most recent albums

I sort of wrote this lot off as a Post Second Wave of Emo band.... (But then anything is better than third wave, soo) Do they have tracks on the Myspace worth checking out?

I'm guessing that was from their earlier stuff, around the Illusion of Safety time which could be considered "emo", though I think it would generally be known more as hardcore. Their most recent albums are nothing like their early work at all.

Personally my two favourite albums of theirs are Vheissu and Illusion Of Safety. Unfortunately I don't think we'll see a return to the Illusion Of Safety style because to the best of my knowledge, they consider Vheissu onwards as the style they are aiming for.

Chances are they will play mainly songs from Vheissu and the Alchemy Index albums. Should be a damn good show no matter what they play though..lucky bastard you....

:thu:

• Members

So jealous
:cry:

I doubt they'll ever come to Ireland. At least not for a long while.

Anyways, their early stuff was much rawer then their most recent albums

I'm guessing that was from their earlier stuff, around the Illusion of Safety time which could be considered "emo", though I think it would generally be known more as hardcore. Their most recent albums are nothing like their early work at all.

Personally my two favourite albums of theirs are Vheissu and Illusion Of Safety. Unfortunately I don't think we'll see a return to the Illusion Of Safety style because to the best of my knowledge, they consider Vheissu onwards as the style they are aiming for.

Chances are they will play mainly songs from Vheissu and the Alchemy Index albums. Should be a damn good show no matter what they play though..lucky bastard you....

Yeah man, I'm stoked about it.

I'm hoping its more Vheissu onwards since I'm not really that familiar with the earlier stuff. I'll try to get some camera phone pics but they'll be {censored}ty.

• Members

When I saw them last, they played alot of the older stuff. Probably about 1/3 of the set.

• Members

They don't have that fast, melodic, "hardcore" punk-ish sound anymore, IMO.

I've been listening to them since they were in their EP stage.. Since the beginning..

If over-produced is the word, then yes. I mean, granted, new audio technology will make things sound differently, but they just don't sound the same anymore.

Take NOFX/Bad Religion for example.. Again, audio technology changes the way things sound, but they haven't lost their style, if you will. Mind you, some of their new stuff isn't as great as their older stuff, but
they
are still there.

Maybe it's just me? I don't know.

Na man, I agree. Thrice The Artist in the Ambulance-era and before ruled. I understand that they wana play this post-rock stuff (which is good don't get me wrong), but I'm more a fan of the hardcore/punk elements that have faded away.

Archived