Just got back from Outside Lands...

loosegroove

• Members

and Radiohead was awesome. It was super packed and I was kind of far away but seeing them has been my favorite show I've been to in recent memory.

The layout of the entire festival was pretty {censored}ed up though. Bottle necking everywhere to get to and from the various stages. People were knocking over and jumping over fences since for some stupid reason they put up a ton of them. I wanted to see some of Beck AND the Black Keys, but it just wasn't doable, so I just saw Beck. I was actually pretty pissed because as I was walking over a section of fence that had just been pushed down, a security guard came running out and shoved me backwards with both hands...pretty uncalled for bull{censored}. Didn't matter since as he yelled at everyone, 5 yards down people knocked down another large portion of the fence. Even event staff was doing it to help the flow of people. Whatever, still a great show.

Anyone else go?

• Members

Yeah I was there. Great show besides the PA going out twice while Radiohead was playing, {censored}ing weak.

I saw that Jonny still has his RE-201 - video screen showed it under his keyboards, so I'm not sure if he is using both the RE-201 and RE-20......

So badass.

• Members

and Radiohead was awesome. It was super packed and I was kind of far away but seeing them has been my favorite show I've been to in recent memory.

The layout of the entire festival was pretty {censored}ed up though. Bottle necking everywhere to get to and from the various stages. People were knocking over and jumping over fences since for some stupid reason they put up a ton of them. I wanted to see some of Beck AND the Black Keys, but it just wasn't doable, so I just saw Beck. I was actually pretty pissed because as I was walking over a section of fence that had just been pushed down, a security guard came running out and shoved me backwards with both hands...pretty uncalled for bull{censored}. Didn't matter since as he yelled at everyone, 5 yards down people knocked down another large portion of the fence. Even event staff was doing it to help the flow of people. Whatever, still a great show.

Anyone else go?

+{censored}ing1

also the ppl i was near during radiohead kept talking the whole time really loudly, it reall sucked. but it was a great set list and great sow otherwise. i tried to see both black keys and beck and ended up only seeing like 3 beck songs before getting nowhere in the radiohead crowd. whats your plan for tom petty (assuming you are going)

• Members

I definitely want to get closer for Petty tonight. But what sucks is I want to see some of Cake which is at the same stage as Beck was last night. But once again it's right before the headliner. I don't know. Maybe I won't see Cake just so I can get up pretty close for Petty.

• Members

I definitely want to get closer for Petty tonight. But what sucks is I want to see some of Cake which is at the same stage as Beck was last night. But once again it's right before the headliner. I don't know. Maybe I won't see Cake just so I can get up pretty close for Petty.

Yeah i am thinking im gonna do lupe fiasco, something random(maybe just chill in the visa signature thing), regina spektor, ben harper, then petty.

i feel like if i try to see primus or cake im just gonna get screwed again and wont see that much of either of the 2 any way. really bad planning on this festival.

• Members

yeah, I went. it was so brilliant. awesome.

I got there for radiohead at about 7 and just pushed my way forward until I was about 150 feet from the stage. then it was pretty impossible to move at all, let alone forward.

awesome set list, best band ever. seriously. so awesome.

unfortunately didn't get to see beck or the black keys... just went straight to radiohead. had some delays with bart/muni as well so I couldn't get there as early as I wanted. no regrets though :thu:

• Members
yeah, I went. it was so brilliant. awesome.

I got there for radiohead at about 7 and just pushed my way forward until I was about 150 feet from the stage. then it was pretty impossible to move at all, let alone forward.

awesome set list, best band ever. seriously. so awesome.

unfortunately didn't get to see beck or the black keys... just went straight to radiohead. had some delays with bart/muni as well so I couldn't get there as early as I wanted. no regrets though
:thu:

i will rememeber this. 7 you say? if i just sit there through ben harper i am sure that i can push my way forward as ppl leave for cake and primus. awesome

• Members

Did anyone who saw Beck roll up the hill? I was the guy who tore down the chain link fence. Berlin Wall-style.

Going tomorrow too.

Stars, Broken Social Scene, Andrew Bird, and Wilco. All on the same stage. I don't even have to move.

• Members

Did anyone who saw Beck roll up the hill? I was the guy who tore down the chain link fence. Berlin Wall-style.

Going tomorrow too.

Stars, Broken Social Scene, Andrew Bird, and Wilco. All on the same stage. I don't even have to move.

Word...I jumped onto the little stage towards the hill and hopped the fence. Is that where you tore it down?

• Members

+1.

i might stop by rodrigo y gabriela, but if i feel like at all its going to compromise a good spot for wilco then i have zero interest.

• Members

^ I wish I could go more than one day, but... $90 is a lot of money just for one day.
:p

Damn wish i would have known you were interested, my gf can't go today and if she hadnt already sold it i would tried to get you a choice price

• Members

I just got back from San Jose after going to the festival on Friday. I got there way later than I wanted to but I walked in just as Radiohead went on. Their show was great.
I think me and jaron were probably near the same loud-mouths that kept talking during the show but it was all good. I tuned 'em out and just concentrated on the music. The Muni was insane after the concert. It was sp packed that it was almost comical. The planning was a little poor but this is the first year of the festival so if the promoters and the city work out the kinks in the planning (esp. transportation) it will be a top-notch festival since the location is just beautiful.

• Members

I just got back from San Jose after going to the festival on Friday. I got there way later than I wanted to but I walked in just as Radiohead went on. Their show was great.

I think me and jaron were probably near the same loud-mouths that kept talking during the show but it was all good. I tuned 'em out and just concentrated on the music. The Muni was insane after the concert. It was sp packed that it was almost comical. The planning was a little poor but this is the first year of the festival so if the promoters and the city work out the kinks in the planning (esp. transportation) it will be a top-notch festival since the location is just beautiful.

did the guy have his hair dyed in leopard print? it was hard to tune them out but after a few songs you just had to. I am heading out to hit up stars soon, who else is going to that stage? if you see someone for a forest green explosions shirt you know who to say hi too

• Members

Damn wish i would have known you were interested, my gf can't go today and if she hadnt already sold it i would tried to get you a choice price

hey thanks a lot man. haha that would have been cool. cake = one of my favorite bands.

dang, what a good festival.

• Members

did the guy have his hair dyed in leopard print? it was hard to tune them out but after a few songs you just had to. I am heading out to hit up stars soon, who else is going to that stage? if you see someone for a forest green explosions shirt you know who to say hi too

I couldn't tell you. I didn't turn to see who it was.

Sadly, I only had tix to the Friday show. I would have loved to see Wilco but it was a b-day gift from my girl and she was only able to get me one night. It would have been cool to meet a fellow forumite though.

Archived