Anyone listen to the new james bond theme?

tubezipper

• Members

Seriously, I love Jack White, but I have no idea why they picked him for a James Bond theme. Chris Cornell was an awful choice too, my only complaint about that movie, which I think was excellent.

When I think James Bond theme songs, I think lush epics sung by powerful female singers with touches of world music, Portishead could have done that. Is Massive Attack still around? They really don't do the lyrics thing, maybe a team up, because musically I think it'd be great. Why the hell didn't they ask Gnarls Barkley? I still have "Crazy" stuck in my head. Given, Cee-Lo Green isn't a chick, but he's got enough soul for a Bond song.

Amy Winehouse would have been great, she was who I expected them to go with before it was even announced, but from the sounds of "her producer Mark Ronson said the sessions for the track had been scrapped", I'm thinking she was too messed up to make it work. Too bad.

AND HE STRIKES!

BLACK THUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDERBALLLLL!

Dude, I can totally imagine Jack singing that! Just imagine it in the style of "Conquest". That actually wouldn't be that bad.

• Members

what the hell is that solo doing there? How can you even call that a solo

scruffy whammy {censored}.

hey!! I play scruffy whammy {censored} solos!!!

.....lol, back on topic.

It's pretty obvious why whinehouse didn't do it, she a {censored}ing mess at the moment and I think there is a pretty serious backlash against her starting to swell up....Not the kind of publicity they want for a Bond film....as for the song, it was ok....I've never really been a bond theme fan anyway...view to a kill was ok, but yeah it's a film theme isn't it, who cares really?

• Members

I heard it on the radio yesterday for the first time and thought it was terrible ... i will give it a chance though, maybe it'll grow on me.

... It's hardly 'Live & let die' though is it. In fact most Bond themes that i can remember were much better ... apart from the Madonna one which was piss poor.

Archived