My CrunchBox took a crap.

b_nehpets

• Members

no sound.... i get lights i get a signal thru it when its off... (GD True Bypass... i didn't use the pedal for the last couple weeks, so i have no idea when i broke it!)

as far as whats wrong... i dont know. i'm gonna open it up tonight and see if there is anything visibly wrong with it. I probably wont try to fix it myself.

• Members

Hey Stephen,

I work for MI Audio and we can sort out your problem.

Send an email to Michael from the email address you can get off the website.

Shipping is no dilemma either - should be about $15-$20.

We'll get it fixed and back to you in no time.

• Members

3 months? what did they do, swim it across that ocean?

i'm not sure what happened, he bought the pedal to mod for a friend of his and i shipped it around thanksgiving. He emailed me alot:) asking about it and it made me feel kind of funny thinking he may have been thinking i ripped him.

He finally emailed and told me he got it. i guess it got stuck somewhere at a port waiting till they had a full cargo or something. you might want to get a backup or find someone around here to check it out. analogman? or one of the pedal mod guys. I'm sure its something simple and a easy fix. Those guys down under make some good pedals.

• Members

USPS have fully trackable Global Priority that can get to Australia in five days. Australia Post also have a similar ECI shipping (like EMS).

I have personally had guitars, keyboards and many pedals sent from the US (tracked) and never had a problem.

If you are going to open it up, make sure the jacks are not touching the pots or chassis. This will short the circuit and no effected signal will pass through. You'll get bypass but no distortion. The LED is on so there is no power issue and if it has worked before, I don't think it would be a component problem. It could be as simple as a loose jack.

• Members

update:

i had taken the original knobs off of the CB because i kept kicking them out of my initial settings. I put more round knobs from an mxr pedal (i think), anyways... i guess i loosened the volume pot when i removed the original knob... i just messed with it and its working fine!

to bad it was on the block when i went announced it was broken! no one here will want to pick it up now!

Archived