HCFX commonly used terms

Sunsetcarcrash

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

...it's a sort of chronic form of gear whoredom, similar to rabies, whereby the victim becomes suddenly unable to hear any of the sounds produced by various effects he owns, and can only hear the hallucinatory sounds in his head, sounds that he imagines will be exorcised from his mind and brought into physical space with the next gear purchase.

:poke:

• Members

digital (adjective):

A revolution in the 1980's by audio and electronics engineers which sought to remove all extraneous sounds from recording and playback equipment and media, leaving only the uncolored music.

analog (adjective):

A counter-revolution in the first decade of the 21st century by musicians which sought to make music sound like it did before the digital revolution. This effort was secretly supported by the audio and electronics engineers as a way to increase the value of the old equipment they'd warehoused in the 1980's, and make two transistors worth more than a 64-bit computer.

mojo (noun):

1. An unseen force that seems to exist only in analog equipment.

2. A jar of goo which belongs to Austin Powers.

NOS (adjective):

1. An acronym meaning "new old stock".

2. An oxymoron.

3. A functional synonym for "mojo".

4. A gas that can be injected into a car engine to make it go very fast, or inhaled to produce euphoria.

vacuum tube (noun):

1. A large, fragile alternative to the transistor which requires more voltage, uses more current, produces more distortion, and is naturally preferred by musicians.

2. When combined with "NOS", an investment commodity.

• Members

This is my favorite one:

"HCFX consists of a bunch of floundering hacks who will rack up 3000 posts in a moronic thread about "HCFX commonly used terms" meanwhile on topic threads are lucky to get two pages of responses"

This.

HCFX is probably the most off-topic forum I've ever visited. I don't think I've ever seen a forum with more discussions about the forum itself (discussing HCFX rather than actual guitar effects).

Archived