HCFX's Favorite Band

WickedWesley

• Members

Hey!

I got a cool idea! We'll try to pick the HCFX's favorite band! First we make a list of bands a lot of users like, and after that a poll to see who is THE offical HCFX band! Mmm, this might be fun! :D

Rules:

-Only bands, so no SRV, Gary Moore, JR Cash, etc.

Current list (just a random guess of bands I often see mentioned around here)

Pink Floyd

Mogwai

Russian Circles

Minus The Bear

My Bloody Valentine

Sonic Youth

Dinosaur Jr

U2

Mars Volta

Nine Inch Nails

So post your favorite band(s) and we'll where this leads to! Just for clarification; this thread is only to select the bands for the poll!

Wesley

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can we think of just one band that EVERYBODY likes?

I like Radiohead but I think they're a little overrated to represent HCFX. The only bands that I think every body likes or should at least appreciate are Pink Floyd or the Beatles. Being avid pedal geeks themselves Floyd wins hands down.

Now when it comes to a solo artist that should represent HCFX we all agree that it can be only one man...

2hqyp88.jpg
johbeachwtr.jpg
john_mayer.jpg

• Members

To be perfectly honest, I would rather listen to Metallica (especially the older CDs) than Radiohead any day of the week. I have an equal number of cds from both bands. So, don't assume everyone in this forum is in love with Radiohead, or similar type bands. Half (probably higher) the bands that will end up being listed I've never even listened to - not saying they're bad, just not enough hours in the day.

My honorable mention, which clearly won't be everyone's cup of tea, is the Black Keys.

And yes, Pink Floyd is always a winner.

• Members

Can we think of just one band that EVERYBODY likes?

I like Radiohead but I think they're a little overrated to represent HCFX. The only bands that I think every body likes or should at least appreciate are Pink Floyd or the Beatles. Being avid pedal geeks themselves Floyd wins hands down.

Pink Floyd? Yeah, I don't much care for them. :poke:

Archived