remeber the 80's? did yours look like this??...

C Fuzz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
We drove by it when we were on the east coast. Stopped, tailgated and blared Priest and got hammered.

"Rob Halford.....I'd jump his bones"

The most hilarious thing is that no one suspected Halford of being gay. I'm telling you, one of my best friends who was a diehard fan got pissed at me when we're watching this leather-clad, middle-aged man on a harley squeal onstage and crack his whip in time with the beat and I suggested, "That's kinda gay, isn't it?" :confused: He was all, "Rob Halford isn't gay!" :mad: Of course, by then I had watched the movie Cruising with Al Pacino. :facepalm::cry:

• Members
The guys in that picture look like they would have lived on the south side of my hometown. I lived on the north side, so the clothing, haircuts, and band t-shirts were different, but very dated all the same
;)

Yeah, those were the "rock" dudes. My circle of friends would look much the same, but would be wearing Anthrax, Metallica, Slayer shirts. Very original bunch, really. :facepalm:

efilnikcufecin!
nice{censored}inlife!
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Members
Graduated HS in '81, College in '85

Married, 1st house in '87; 1st kid in '89.

I did A LOT of growing up in the 80's.

:facepalm:

Well this decade I'm spanning age 15-25 and I'll probably only have done one of those things by the end of it, and I hope I don't do anymore of those 4 things. God knows I'm not going to graduate college.

:facepalm:

• Members

Sadly that picture is very much like my 80s ... i was born in 1970 so my teens were in the 80s.
In those days i had the long hair and dressed very much like Megadeth/Metallica in their 80s skin tight jeans and white trainers, complete with battered biker jacket.

... i looked like a total arse :cry:

Thankfully i grew out of it.

• Members

Born in 1977. I remember that all the music on the radio had lots of synths and saxophone solos, you had Whitney Houston who was huge, Def Leppard, stuff like that.

Love him or not, thank God Kurt Cobain and Seattle saved us!

And to me, the 80s look more like this:

cyndilauper01.jpg

mullet.jpg (that's not me, btw)

cassettes.jpg

anthrax.jpg

• Members
mullet.jpg
(that's not me, btw)

FTW

right before I had a nintendo, I tried like this keyboard thing, and you basically inserted a cassette on its side in order to play vid games...not sure if this was it.
Commodore_64_540x359.JPG
before that I had a library of kids books at the age of 7...:facepalm:
video games ruined everything.

• Members

I had to do a double take just to make sure I wasn't in the picture. Almost every weekened from '83 to '87 was like that for me. Who's parents are out of town? What time do we show up? Who's making the beer run? Who's drunk and passed out where? Dude did you hear the new Queensryche album? Crue and Whitesnake are playing at the Civic Center, did you get tickets? Aside from the bad hair cuts and undoubtedly making an ass of myself more than once while I was drunk, those were pretty good times. We had little responsibility, a lot of free time and the world by the balls. We were best friends and nothing was going to get in our way.

Of course I haven't spoken to any of those people since graduation. :rolleyes:

Archived