Alrighty....you asked for it.

BTBAM

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i have vintage traynor gas.

betcha never heard that one before.

Haha....yeah, those types of amps are not amazingly popular, though they're rising in popularity, and are getting a bit more difficult to find. The YRM-1 Master Reverb there sounds amazing--it's two EL34's, master volume, and has the original RCA and Phillips tubes, so it breaks up really nicely. I really love the sound of EL34's.

• Members

How does the Octron compare to the Micro Synth for low octave stuff? Does one need both, or can the micro synth cover both? I want both of those pedals, but will probably choose one. Which would you recommend?

• Members

How does the Octron compare to the Micro Synth for low octave stuff? Does one need both, or can the micro synth cover both? I want both of those pedals, but will probably choose one. Which would you recommend?

Micro synth could definitely cover both and more. I personally use the octron for lower octave, and use the micro synth for the filter sweep sounds. But...I do recommend the micro. Stop filter positions, the sweeps, etc.

• Members

what? like dong puke?

i reworded that several time to come up with "junk vomit"... but i think "dong puke" is good too.

(and now i've tried to word it in a way that i wouldn't be quoted saying "I like Dong Puke")

and now that will be quoted out of context.

• Members

Micro synth could definitely cover both and more. I personally use the octron for lower octave, and use the micro synth for the filter sweep sounds. But...I do recommend the micro. Stop filter positions, the sweeps, etc.

Thanks man, I watched the video again last night on the microsynth, and it looks cool as {censored}. I really like the new packaging too. Does it run on a 9v adapter, or is it different?

• Members

Thanks man, I watched the video again last night on the microsynth, and it looks cool as {censored}. I really like the new packaging too. Does it run on a 9v adapter, or is it different?

well....it is labeled 9v, but it came with a 9.6v. When I daisy'd it...it didn't turn on. I'm sure a pedalpower would run it fine, but daisys I'm guessing wont.

• Members

well....it is labeled 9v, but it came with a 9.6v. When I daisy'd it...it didn't turn on. I'm sure a pedalpower would run it fine, but daisys I'm guessing wont.

OK, I have a BBE Supa Charger, should work then. Do you run this pedal after your dirt pedals then?

• Members

I would really like to see all of this stuff in action.... vids please!!

I'll be shooting some vids in a few hours, once my fiancee leaves to go to her parents.

Things to be discussed:

Heavenly Prometheus?

Tap Tempo Prometheus?

Micro Synthy Goodness

Time Factor Filter Controls

Probably some more stuff too.

• Members

OK, I have a BBE Supa Charger, should work then. Do you run this pedal after your dirt pedals then?

Well, as for whammys and octrons, and other pitch shifters and stuff, I think they get the best tracking before your dirt pedals.

• Members

I'll be shooting some vids in a few hours, once my fiancee leaves to go to her parents.

Things to be discussed:

Heavenly Prometheus?

Tap Tempo Prometheus?

Micro Synthy Goodness

Time Factor Filter Controls

Probably some more stuff too.

Octron and/or Prometheus in the Skreddy echo's loop? Please?

Archived